Senior Valuation ConsultantApply Job ID: R-002080 Date posted: 01/11/2018 Primary Location CA-San Diego
The Senior Valuation Consultant will provide external clients (LPL advisors and businesses) with actionable financial insights into their business with key financial analysis and business plans that will drive both advisor growth and LPL business unit referrals. Through the development and execution of the new Virtual CFO program (including a scalable valuation consulting offering), benchmarking and profitability analytics and coordination with internal business partners, the Senior Valuation Consultant will work to drive increases in advisors’ net new assets (NNA), profitability and business valuation.
Strong communication, analytical, strategic thinking and problem solving skills are needed, along with the ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task. The ability to work within a team, take initiative and show strong attention to detail is also a requirement.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Virtual Financial Consultant function for LPL advisors and businesses
- Provide financial consulting support and analytical expertise in an effort to drive improved profitability, net new asset growth, and ultimately enhanced satisfaction and retention of our advisors and institutions
- Produce comprehensive financial analyses of advisor practices in order to help business owners better understand their value including profitability, areas of opportunity, and the impacts of shifts in their business
- Work with advisors to develop and execute on business plans to take advantage of the areas of opportunity identified
- Assist in the design, implementation and execution of the Virtual CFO program, including valuation consulting offering
- Measure and report on the impact of the group’s efforts
Advisor M&A and Succession Planning support
- Provide valuation support and consulting to advisors, leveraging proprietary valuation model and methodology
- Provide buy-side and sell-side consulting to advisors through pro forma P&L and cash flowanalyses including deal integration modeling
Advisor access to capital
- Support the existing advisor loan programs that provide advisors access to capital to support practice acquisition and growth
- Work with Advisor Capital organization to ensure a streamlined, efficient and effective process for deploying capital to our advisors to assist in growing their business
Ad-hoc business analysis, reporting and decision support
- Collaborate with LPL Advisors to ensure proper financial perspective is brought to decision-making
- Support the creation and compilation of various studies and surveys, including the Advisor Benchmarking Survey and the Advisor Productivity & Profitability Study
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance or related-field
- MBA or other advanced degree a plus
- CVA or other valuation designation a plus
- FINRA Series 7/63 a plus
- Basic knowledge of product, the industry, and end investor
- Demonstrated knowledge of LPL platform, products and services a plus
- Experience interacting with advisors and senior management
- Ability to perform in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Up to 25% travel anticipated
LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer since 1996* and the fourth largest broker/dealer overall, serves as an enabling partner to more than 14,000 independent financial advisors and approximately 700 financial institutions. Since its formation decades ago, LPL has focused on one primary mission -- enabling independent financial advisors to bring objective and un-biased financial advice to millions of Americans.
Headquartered in Boston, San Diego, and Fort Mill, and powered by more than 3,300 client-centric employees, LPL is financially strong and growing.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.