Sr. Analyst, Advisor M&AApply Job ID: R-006141 Date posted: 03/04/2019 Primary Location CA-San Diego
The Advisor M&A team assists LPL Financial advisors as they perform buyouts, mergers, acquisitions or divestitures within their business or enterprise. This rapidly growing segment of the financial services industry provides a solution for advisors seeking to grow through acquisition, and allows retiring advisors an opportunity to exit with minimal end-investor disruption as ownership transfers.
- Support existing Advisor M&A team in daily back-end operations (perform valuations, underwrite loans, analyze business statistics, follow up with clients for deal status updates, perform matchmaking, etc.)
- Provide detailed reporting and data analysis on LPL’s closed, current and future client acquisition deal flow
- Build and expand upon existing, complex financial models to provide financial decision support for buy-side facing clients
- Maintain the valuation statistics log for the purpose of ensuring the valuation model’s integrity (e.g. the sales comparable database)
- Assist advisors in data analysis and other performance metrics through acquisition due diligence
- Become a specialist and subject matter expert in small business mergers and acquisitions and alternative deal structure strategies
- Assist with the enhancement of LPL’s internal library of acquisition strategy whitepapers
- Underwrite loans for advisors within LPL’s Capital Solutions program
- Maintain an existing database of buyers whom have expressed interest in growing through acquisition; provide matchmaking services for LPL’s selling advisors and existing LPL buyers
- Further assist the acquisition team in streamlining and developing scalable solutions to service the growing demands for advisor M&A activity
- Ability to think strategically and provide insights related to the advisor M&A market and overall industry trends
- Be able to present or speak in front of small audiences occasionally
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance or related-field required; MBA or advanced degree a plus
- Basic Excel modeling capabilities required (Vlookup, Match, Pivots, etc.); excel test administered if applicant is selected for onsite interview
- Strong communication required (written and verbal)
- Strong knowledge of business valuation methodology desired
- Ability to perform in a fast paced, dynamic environment required
- Some knowledge of underwriting a plus (i.e. what are the characteristics of a good borrower/deal)
- Experience interacting with advisors and senior management a plus
- Basic knowledge of the financial services industry and financial products a plus
- Demonstrated knowledge of LPL platforms, products and services a plus
- Knowledge of small business operations a plus
- FINRA Series 7/63 a plus
- Up to 5-10% travel anticipated
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.