Sr. Analyst / Analyst, FinanceApply Job ID: R-006725 Date posted: 05/08/2019 Primary Location CA-San Diego
LPL Financial is seeking talented and analytical candidates with a finance background. As an Analyst or Sr Analyst, you will provide analytical and strategic support to advisor facing CFOs, build financial models, and create and explain business metrics. The analyst is also responsible for providing easy to understand and interpret forecasts, budgets, cost benefit analysis, and accounting information.
The Virtual CFO program at LPL acts as Chief Financial Officers for financial advisors and small business owners. The program helps advisors understand their financials and business metrics to make strategic decisions to grow revenue, profits, and increase their business valuation.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Provide analytical support to advisor facing CFOs and their advisors’ businesses
- Build complex financial models to provide financial decision support for advisors
- Analyze advisor practices to help the business owners better understand their value including profitability, cash flow, areas of opportunity, and the impacts of shifts in their business
- Provide valuation support leveraging a proprietary valuation model and methodology
- Analyze financial statements and advise on investment opportunities
- Create key performance indicators and predict future financial trends
- Develop strategies that work to minimize financial risk
- Ad-hoc analysis, financial modeling, and additional responsibilities as required
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, or related-field is required
- Financial modeling, analysis, and Excel skills
- Strong communication required
- Highly motivated and able to perform in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of LPL platform, products, industry, and services a plus
- Senior Analyst: minimum 3-5 years of experience
- Analyst: minimum 1-3 years of experience
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.