SR Analyst – BRT- Business Reinvention TeamApply Job ID: R-019258 Date posted: 11/22/2021 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
LPL Financial is seeking experienced Business Solutions Analyst to support the Product Owner role within the firm’s Digital Transformation journey. Applicants should be familiar with process mining opportunities, generating business cases that highlight the business value, and assist in gathering requirements in a user story format. Responsibilities include the support of a prioritized business opportunity from the discovery state, through the SDLC build cycles, to help bring the product solution to market successfully. This role supports and often serves as a proxy to the Product Owner(s). Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required, in addition to relationship building and working with key business owners, stakeholders, and development team members.
Position requires established skills in data mining, data analytics, and supporting the teams with relevant information to make data driven decisions. Candidate should be comfortable analyzing large sets of data, identifying patterns or trends. Ability to identify problem areas or to develop reports, which can help “tell the story" regarding the data. This is a key role to help provide the Product Management team with information required to help derive business insights and align opportunities to Intelligent Automation solutions. Other responsibilities include tracking and validating objectives and key results (OKRs) and confirming that business value is achieved post solutions released into production.
We leverage lean six sigma framework principles to complete process mining. SAFe Agile product delivery framework is used to execute solutions. Technology solutions applied in this role include Intelligent Automation solutions such as RPA, Machine Learning, and tools to help create a formless digital front end experience; all positioned to help reduce the cost of doing business and build operational excellence at scale. Our ideal candidate should be comfortable working in both an independent and team environment to fit in this dynamic cross-functional teamwork.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Identify patterns, divergence from patterns; identify opportunity and risk based on process mapping or data sets.
• Outline, deliver and execute on competitive initiatives that enable LPL's growth strategy
• Collaborating with the partners around the firm to develop reporting metrics and maintain progress in OKRs
• Analytical data driven approaches and applying LSS principles to solve questions around complexity and process simplification in an innovative way.
• Deliver key insights with interpretation and recommendation, contributes to the development of hypotheses and present to management team
• Gather both high level and detailed business requirements, and move them into a User Story format
• Experience in authoring, reviewing and managing Business Requirements Documents and other critical documents in the SDLC process.
• Leverage data visualization and infographics to assist in telling the story for various areas of the business.
• Mine and analyze internal data sets to help stakeholders develop action plans and / or draw conclusions.
• Champion innovation and transformation mindset
• Experience in supporting Intelligent Automation work, RPA, ML, NLP, etc.
• Prior experience supporting Intelligent Automation work
• Preferred experience with tools such as Miro, Jira, LeanKit, Tableu, Smartsheets, Confluence, Aha!, Workfusion, AWS, Tableau, BETA, Oracle, SKAN
• Preferred experience in tools such as SQL Server, Java, Python, VBA and R
• Highly proficient with MS Visio, Powerpoint, and Excel, including use of pivot tables, graphs, and complex logic-based formulas
• Leas Six Sigma certifications a plus (open to upskilling)
• Comfortable in fast moving, entrepreneurial environment
• Experience in a Broker Dealer or Financial Services company a plus
• Driven individual, always seeking to improve, upskill, and keep up with industry IA accelerators
Required Skills and Abilities:
• Experience with using aggregation tools and analyze data collected from various sources
• Passion for delivering the best client experience both internally and externally
• Agility and ability to respond to dynamically changing work environment and to positively influence business outcomes
• Trusted to work independently with stakeholders at all levels
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent data gathering, analytical and problem-solving skills
• Agile experience/mindset
• Business Analysis: 3-5 years
• Data Analysis: 3-5 years
• Robotics or other Intelligent Automation experience: 3-5 years
• Broker Dealer Experience: 3-5 years
• Bachelor's degree required
• Preferred major in Computer Science, Finance, Statistics, MIS,
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.