Sr. Analyst Business ReinventionApply Job ID: R-012365 Date posted: 01/07/2021 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
LPL Financial is currently seeking an experienced Sr. Analyst to join the Process Excellence and Simplification Team with the Operation’s Business Reinvention organization. The candidate should be driven with excellent communication skills. The candidate must have experience in process mapping and process improvement, focusing on Lean or Six Sigma. Experience in reviewing large data sets, finding patterns, insights, and anomalies while being adept at communicating those findings in concise, clear, and easy to understand formats that the BRT team and STO Leadership team can use to form action plans. Our ideal candidate has the strong communication skills required to succeed as part of a dynamic cross-functional team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Point out patterns, divergence from patterns; identifies opportunity and risk based on process mapping or data sets.
- Outline, deliver, and execute on competitive initiatives that enable LPL to extend our industry capabilities.
- Collaborating with the PAR Reporting Team to develop reports, metrics to track progress, verbal and written communications summarizing key findings.
- Create new and improve existing analytic approaches to solve complexity and process simplification creatively.
- Deliver key insights with interpretation and recommendation, contributes to the development of hypotheses and actions, and presents them to the management team
- Creates user stories and acceptance tests from themes and features granular enough for a single sprint.
- Experience in authoring, reviewing, and managing Business Requirements Documents and other critical documents in the SDLC process.
- Work with all levels of management with the appropriate level of detail to solve problems
- Leverage data visualization to assist in telling the story for various areas of the business.
- Mine and analyze internal data sets to help stakeholders develop action plans and/or conclude.
- Passion for optimizing the Advisor and Investor experience and ability to collaborate and execute.
- Improve current processes or find efficiencies by applying industry best practices as an experienced Business Analyst.
- Support the management team in providing high-quality executive-level updates
- Identify and champion innovative process automation and robotics for improved analytics and reporting.
- Gather requirements and feedback from advisors, stakeholders, and key internal partners and converting them to user stories.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience with tools such as SQL Server, Java, Tableau, Python, VBA, and R
- Highly proficient with MS Visio and Excel, including pivot tables and complex logic-based formulas
- Green or Black Belt certified or progressed towards achieving.
- Experience in a fast-moving, entrepreneurial environment.
- Experience in a Broker-Dealer or Financial Services company a plus.
- Driven individual, always seeking to improve and grow a plus.
- Handle pressure well; you will be working with the senior team on advancing initiatives based on the data and analysis you provide.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Preferred major in Computer Science, Finance, Statistics
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.