Sr Analyst, Business SystemsApply Job ID: R-010463 Date posted: 06/25/2020 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
Technology, Portfolio Analysis and KPI Team is accountable for managing and proactively supporting the business of technology, driving actionable insights, and continuous efficiency and effectiveness of Technology with focus to increase the value of IT, keep the unit cost of IT competitive, while positioning Technology to enable its’ clients to build and improve the operating effectiveness of their business. The Team enables the Technology mission of delivering innovative solutions to our clients through strategically aligning Technology with the corporate strategy and objectives, driving effective delivery on commitments, tracking progress against the value of delivery, while ensuring the security and compliance of the delivery.
The hiring group’s Portfolio Analysis & KPI practice specifically focuses on project portfolio management (PPM) reporting and analytics for continuous efficiency and effectiveness of Technology to keep the unit cost of IT competitive, and to integrate strong project portfolio stewardship with the value of IT and operating improvements over time.
As a Senior Analyst, the candidate is primarily responsible for tracking and analyzing resources acquired for various projects and operating areas. Tracking will include the contracts used to acquire the resources, what the resources are working on, and how they are being invoiced. As new resources are requested, the candidate will analyze funding availability and will provide approval and additional action. The candidate will monitor all activities and forecasts to ensure complete and accurate alignment between actuals and plans.
The candidate will work closely with other Senior Analysts on the team along with Portfolio Leads, Project Managers and Resource Managers along with our business partners.
Specific responsibilities include:
Tracking and Analytics
- Review new resource requests and analyze funding availability
- Monitor timesheet activity and forecasts to ensure complete and accurate alignment between plans and actual work
- Maintain spreadsheets to provide quick references for ad-hoc analysis
- Reconcile projects/products for alignment to actuals vs forecast
- Provide insights to partners for reforecast processes
Communication and Support
- Communicating clearly with other support analysts and management
- Applying a range of creative problem-solving skills while combining technical and analytical excellence
- Planning and managing work and task timelines to meet deadlines
- Preparing highly professional presentations and decision-support models using Excel analytics
- Educating others on gained knowledge & insights from own research and analysis
- Working in collaboration with multiple functions to perform fact-based research activities and make recommendations to the management for next steps
- Building effective business relationships with other analysts and partners
- Recommending solutions and ideas for ongoing process improvements
- Preparing and maintaining mandated documentation as required
The position requires attention to details, accuracy, strong analytical and problem solving skills, and outstanding teamwork. The candidate must enjoy and be effective working with professionals and functional analysts across all levels of a fast-moving, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Specifically, the candidate should have:
- Exceptional fact-based problem solving skills that enable efficient identification of issues, gathering data, performing data analysis, and effectively communicating results of the analysis and associated recommendations
- Consistency in meeting deadlines and providing high quality deliverables
- Strong, creative business thinking and analytical skills
- Sound understanding of financial concepts and organizational structure
- Outstanding knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel to track data, perform analysis and communicate results
- Strong initiative and action orientation with desire to roll-up sleeves, get hands dirty and get into the depths of the business
- Strong communication skills – both oral and written – in communicating both details and summary information to multiple levels of the organization and management
- 2 – 5 years of broad financial and business analysis
- Previous experience in working with IT departments and organizations in the area of financials and performance improvement a strong plus
- Knowledge of Oracle Project Accounting a plus
- University degree in business, accounting, or technology, or equivalent work experience
Other Key Qualifications
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work on multiple processes and projects at once in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Grace under pressure and a sense of humor
- Willingness to hear feedback and incorporate change for better results
- Strong interpersonal skills and teamwork
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 4,200 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2019, based on total revenue.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.