Sr Analyst, Finance- Capital MarketsApply Job ID: R-014137 Date posted: 04/19/2021 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
Do you have prior professional experience in corporate finance or capital markets?
Do you excel in creating and owning sophisticated financial models?
Excited to learn more? If so, then this could be the role for you!
The Capital Markets team plays an instrumental role in the analysis and reporting of LPL’s financial information and partnering with the company’s business units providing overall financial decision support. This team is directly involved in managing our capital structure, as well as strategic and general financial analysis, including, but not limited to, internal growth initiatives along with supporting/financing potential M&A transactions.
What will you do?
The position will be responsible for ensuring timely, accurate and insightful financial analysis, reporting and modeling to promote the efficiency and success of the firm’s capital structure management. This position requires strong organizational, analytical, communication, technical and corporate finance skills, and the ability to manage multiple projects on parallel tracks. Strong quantitative and organizational skills along with a thorough understanding of corporate finance principles and advanced financial modeling concepts are required.
- Execute analysis that supports the development of financial recommendations and/or the resolution of key strategic issues, including;
- Capital Structure
- Capital Allocation
- Develop & maintain analytics and processes to support and enhance the capital structure
- Perform detailed business analysis, statistical analysis, explanatory and predictive modeling, data mining
- Produce support that helps prepare the CEO and CFO for quarterly earnings calls
- Provide Executive Management and the Board of Directors with transparent reporting and recommendations of capital structure and capital allocation
- Produce compelling, visually effective presentation material using the MS Office product suite, particularly via the use of Excel and PowerPoint
- Help support debt capital markets transactions as necessary and ensure compliance to debt covenants
- Design and execute research efforts and conducting analysis to support business initiatives
- Produce valuation and other analysis to help determine optimal capital management strategies
- Perform all debt administration and debt compliance related activities and reports
- Monitor , maintain , and report the share purchase program
- Work collaboratively while building effective business partnerships and relationships with senior leaders and their support team across the firm
- Provide Ad-hoc analysis & financial modeling
- Perform macro research as needed
Please note: Additional responsibilities or duties may be assigned to you as needed or determined.
What does your success look like in the first 90 days?
Managing the cash flow forecast update and reporting process, and assisting in the creation of board of directors meeting materials.
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
What skills, experiences, and education are required?
- 3+ years corporate treasury, finance, investment banking, or corporate development experience preferred
- Highly motivated and able to executein a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior/executive management through written, verbal, and presentation mediums
- Strong knowledge in corporate finance and capital markets
- Ability to create and own sophisticated financial models
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills that enable efficient identification of issues, structuring and execution of analysis, and execution on recommendations/solutions
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.