Sr. Analyst, Compliance Risk Assessment & TestingApply Job ID: R-007160 Date posted: 07/11/2019 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
The Senior Analyst, Compliance Risk Assessment & Testing, is responsible for contributing to the Firm’s risk mitigation efforts by identifying, assessing, and appropriately documenting operational and regulatory risks that are a result of failed internal processes, systems or controls. The Senior Analyst is a member of a team of subject matter experts on risk identification, assessment, and testing and will maintain a high level of knowledge, expertise and practice within this capacity.
The Compliance Risk Assessment & Testing (CRA&T) team is part of LPL's Compliance, Legal, and Risk (CLR) division that supports the organization in monitoring, measuring and managing the company's regulatory and operational risk exposures.
Day to day activities of this role include:
- Evaluate operational and compliance related control activities to detect violations of Firm policies and/or regulatory rules and requirements (e.g., FINRA, MSRB, NFA and SEC). Specifically, conduct compliance test work for FINRA Rule 3120 and SEC Rule 206(4)-7.
- Develop strategies (scripts) for testing the design, operating effectiveness, efficiency and appropriateness of operational and compliance processes and controls.
- Present testing and risk assessment results to senior management and obtain management’s plan of action to remediate findings.
- Evaluate the adequacy of management’s remediation of issues discovered through various assurance activities at the Firm (remediation testing).
- Assist management with training and reviewing work papers of Analyst level team members. Provide helpful feedback and coaching as necessary.
- May assist management with the obtaining responses and status updates for items reported in the Enterprise Risk Profile each quarter, and respective compliance testing reports (e.g., 3120/3130, IAAR and NFA).
- Perform other duties and complete ad hoc projects as assigned by CRA&T management.
- Pursue professional development opportunities, including external and internal training and professional association memberships.
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience in compliance, operations, enterprise risk management, or a similar risk management and assurance discipline (e.g., Internal Audit, Legal department for a financial service firm)
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Visio, etc.)
- Preferred: FINRA Series 7, 66, and 24 registrations, or similar
- Preferred: Applicable audit designations (e.g. CPA, CIA, CFE, CISA) or other related certifications
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.