Sr Analyst, Corporate Development (M&A)Apply Job ID: R-022317 Date posted: 05/16/2022 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations SC-Fort Mill , CA-Remote
Are you someone with a professional background in corporate finance? Do you have excellent financial modelling capabilities and experience? Are you looking to continue your finance career in the corporate development space ? Excited to learn more? If so, then this could be the role for you!
LPL Financial (Nasdaq: LPLA) was founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor, and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the markets we serve, supporting more than 18,000 financial advisors, 800 institution-based investment programs and 450 independent RIA firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access to personalized guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL, independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to choose the business model, services, and technology resources that allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom to manage their client relationships, because they know their clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
LPL Financial is seeking a strong applicant to join our team as a member of our Corporate Development group, one of the most visible departments in our organization. As a trusted business partner, you will lead deep and thoughtful analysis to help our management team make informed decisions regarding potential M&A transactions and inorganic growth strategy. The ideal candidate for this role has a combination of strong business acumen and corporate finance knowledge to develop and deliver tools enabling execution of proprietary M&A.
The Corporate Development team is directly involved in strategic and general financial analysis, including, but not limited to, growth initiatives through potential M&A transactions and managing our capital structure. This role will have direct exposure to top level management including C-Level executives.
- Develop strong business acumen and industry knowledge
- Perform and support financial analysis, synergies forecast, valuation and due diligence of potential acquisitions
- Provide assistance to functional due diligence teams, including legal, finance & accounting, tax, human resources, operations, IT, sales, and strategy
- Develop, in partnership with Business Unit leaders, financial projections for acquisition targets and integration plans
- Prepare presentations and reporting to senior management on potential M&A transactions, capital structure, and strategic growth initiatives
- Perform research, reporting and analysis on M&A activity and strategic partnerships in the industry
- Monitor past acquisition metrics
- Ad-hoc analysis, research, financial modeling, and additional responsibilities as required
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement
- 3 - 5 years of corporate finance related experience (FP&A, M&A, Corp Development, etc.)
- In depth knowledge of financial modelling and corporate finance
- MS Excel and PowerPoint expert
- Detail oriented
- Effective communication, presentation and writing skills
- Ability to work comfortably with incomplete information and deal with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
- Proactive problem solver, expected to present problems and recommendations simultaneously
- Positive attitude, commitment to excellence and integrity
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.