Sr Analyst, Corporate Strategy and InnovationApply Job ID: R-003066 Date posted: 05/14/2018 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
The Senior Strategy Analyst, Corporate Strategy & Innovation will join the Innovation Lab team at LPL Financial and will be:
- Actively participating with the Innovation Lab team to identify and test potential new offerings for the firm
- Providing thought leadership around the framing and design of experiments to inform and validate new-to-the-industry service and offering concepts
- Developing measurement and insights roadmaps to guide the analysis of key short-term and long-term performance indicators during the concept development lifecycle
- Supporting the implementation of new offerings through participation in, and evaluation of experiments and pilots
- Engaging and partnering with cross-functional partners and stakeholders across multiple business areas in the firm
The output from these efforts will also support the development of the firm’s long-term strategy and enterprise-wide strategic projects. To do so, the individual must have outstanding strategic and creative thinking skills, strong ability to turn analytics into compelling insights, and be capable of concise oral and written communication.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a strong ability to understand the most critical elements and uncertainties of new business concepts, employ structured thinking to guide the testing and validation of those concepts, and actively manage multiple bodies of rapidly advancing work simultaneously.
The new team member’s responsibilities include:
- Leverage the organization to develop and frame detailed strategic options for LPL to address potential opportunities and challenges.
- Employ the Innovation Lab’s methodology for agile experimentation to design rapid tests to validate and reduce the uncertainty inherent in new business concepts
- Working closely with the broader Innovation and Human Intelligence Teams to develop learning roadmaps and supporting measurement strategies to capture data to guide strategic decision-making
- Synthesizing internal and external raw data into themes and patterns to provide insights and data-driven recommendations to Department leadership
- Building cross-functional relationships to establish a collaborative environment at all levels of the organization to create a more collaborative innovation process.
- Planning and execution leadership for key strategic projects that span across business units and stakeholders.
- Achieve alignment by communicating strategic decisions and outcomes to various levels throughout the organization
- Creating presentations for senior members of the organization
- Providing research, analysis, project management and project support on a variety of strategic initiatives
This position is based in LPL’s headquarters located in Charlotte, NC (Fort Mill, SC).
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, with the ability to present materials to the highest levels in the organization, and the ability to frame complex issues visually.
- Entrepreneurial perspective, grounded in tangible outcomes.
- Strong analytical skills with a demonstrated ability to evaluate business opportunities within the context of a larger organization and its objectives.
- Exceptional problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Project management / multi-tasking skills across different projects
- Results oriented and outcome based
- Background in management consulting, corporate innovation or R&D a plus
- 2-5 years professional experience, and top tier undergraduate and/or MBA degree preferred.
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.