Sr Analyst, Finance (FP&A)Apply Job ID: R-006319 Date posted: 05/16/2019 Primary Location CA-San Diego
LPL Financial is seeking a strong candidate to join the Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team. This is a business partner role where you lead analyses and forecasts that help our management team make informed decisions. By working with colleagues in finance and in the business units, you develop timely, accurate, and insightful commentary and recommendations.
The ideal candidate has solid business acumen, corporate finance expertise, high attention to detail, and excellent communication and customer service skills. This team has the unique opportunity to be finance experts, to understand how business unit performance fits within LPL and vice versa, and to communicate with business partners on a daily basis. It is critical that the talented person who fills this role can work within a team, take initiative, and interact effectively with business and finance partners at all levels of management.
- Work closely with cross-functional business partners to understand and provide insights into financial performance and forecasts (forward trend analysis, cost-benefit analysis of investments, financial results reviews, variance explanations, forecasts, annual budgets)
- Prepare and deliver compelling, accurate, and visually effective financial presentations
- Lead the preparation of detailed budgets and forecasts
- Track divisional headcount changes and provide insight into the resulting financial impact
- Identify areas of improvement and implement effective solutions
- Ad hoc analysis and additional responsibilities as required
- 3-5 years of finance-related experience
- Strong communication, listening, presentation, and writing skills
- High level of proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with enterprise systems and reporting tools a strong plus (OBIEE, OFA, Hyperion or other SAS reporting tools)
- Detail oriented with insight to determine applicability of big picture analysis
- Ability to work comfortably with incomplete information and ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work within a team and work with minimal oversight
- Strong organization skills, ability to prioritize and to manage multiple ongoing work streams
- Proactive problem solver, expected to present problems and recommendations simultaneously
- Positive attitude, commitment to excellence and integrity
- High level of motivation and initiative
- BA/BS in Finance, Business, Economics or related discipline
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.