Sr. Analyst, FinanceApply Job ID: R-005662 Date posted: 01/28/2019 Primary Location CA-San Diego
LPL’s new Virtual CFO program is looking for talented candidates with a finance background. The senior analyst responsibilities will include building financial models, creating and explaining business metrics, and providing analytical and strategic support to advisor facing Virtual CFO consultants. The senior analyst is also responsible for providing easy to understand and interpret forecasts, budgets, cost benefit analysis, and accounting information.
The Virtual CFO program is designed to accelerate advisors growth (organic and inorganic) by having them understand the profitability/value of their business and growth potential, implementing tailored growth strategies, and providing early access to M&A opportunities for business expansion. The Virtual CFO program allows advisors to spend more time with their clients as the dedicated Virtual CFO’s will be the financial expert reviewing/implementing the business’ financial infrastructure and providing financial analysis, insights, and business metrics.
Finally, the Virtual CFO program allows advisors to achieve peace of mind by providing subject matter expertise to advisors regarding their business structure, providing access to LPL capital with favorable terms, strategies to prepare their business for liquidation, and access to succession planning solutions.
Strong communication, analytical, strategic thinking, and problem solving skills are needed, along with the ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task. The ability to work within a team, take initiative, and show strong attention to detail is also a requirement.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Provide analytical support to advisor facing Virtual Chief Financial Officers and their advisors’ businesses
- Produce complex financial analyses of advisor practices in order to help business owners better understand their value including profitability, cash flow, areas of opportunity, and the impacts of shifts in their business
- Analyze financial statements and advise on investment opportunities
- Ad-hoc analysis including sensitivity and scenario analysis
- Provide key performance indicators and predict future financial trends
- Produce financial reports related to budgets, profit and loss statements, account payables, account receivables, expenses, etc.
- Develop long-term business plans based on these reports
- Develop strategies that work to minimize financial risk
- Ad-hoc business analysis, reporting, and decision support
- Collaborate with Virtual CFOs and advisors to ensure proper financial perspective is brought to decision-making
- Support the creation and compilation of various studies and surveys, including the Advisor Benchmarking Survey and the Advisor Productivity & Profitability Study
- Support the existing advisor loan programs that provide advisors access to capital to support practice acquisition and growth
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, or related-field is required
- Financial modeling, analysis, and Excel skills
- Ability to incorporate business concepts into financial analysis
- Highly motivated and able to perform in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of LPL platform, products, industry, and services a plus
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.