Sr. Analyst, FinanceApply Job ID: R-001698 Date posted: 12/11/2017 Primary Location CA-San Diego
Come join LPL Financial as a member of our Finance team, one of the most visible departments in the organization. As a trusted business partner, you will work with leaders to provide insight into key investments to help our senior management make informed decisions. You will work with business partners to develop investment requests, and develop metrics, budgets, reporting, and forecasting. The ideal candidate for this role has a combination of strong business acumen and technical knowledge to develop and deliver tools and analysis enabling informed and targeted decision making to drive continuous improvement.
The Finance group plays an instrumental role in the analysis and reporting of LPL’s investment information and partnering with the company’s business units providing overall financial decision support. This team is integrally involved in strategic and general investment analysis, including supporting growth initiatives, business case analysis, and investment evaluations utilizing cost-benefit and return on investment models. Lastly, this group is tasked with the reporting of financial information in various forms including but not limited to monthly executive committee.
- Preparing presentations and reporting to senior management on investment decisions
- Working closely with cross-functional business partners to understand and provide insights to business needs and funding requests
- Development of business metrics and dashboards
- Ad hoc analysis, modeling, and additional responsibilities as required
- Identify high-level conceptual process improvements
- Recognizing system inefficiencies and implementing effective solutions
- Effective communication, presentation and writing skills
- In depth knowledge of financial reporting processes
- MS Excel and PowerPoint expert
- Experience with enterprise systems and reporting tools a definite plus (OBIEE, OFA, Hyperion or other Saas reporting tools)
- Detail oriented with insight to determine applicability of big picture analysis
- Ability to work comfortably with incomplete information and deal with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work within a team, take the initiative and show strong attention to detail is critical
- Ability to take initiative and create concise and decision supporting analysis is essential
- Proactive problem solver, expected to present problems and recommendations simultaneously
- Positive attitude, commitment to excellence and integrity
- High level of motivation and initiative
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Business, or Economics (or a related discipline) is required.
- 5 years finance-related experience, professional services experience preferred
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer since 1996* and the fourth largest broker/dealer overall, serves as an enabling partner to more than 14,000 independent financial advisors and approximately 700 financial institutions. Since its formation decades ago, LPL has focused on one primary mission -- enabling independent financial advisors to bring objective and un-biased financial advice to millions of Americans.
Headquartered in Boston, San Diego, and Fort Mill, and powered by more than 3,300 client-centric employees, LPL is financially strong and growing.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.