Sr Analyst, FinanceApply Job ID: R-004101 Date posted: 08/07/2018 Primary Location CA-San Diego
The BAR (Business Analytics and Reporting) team within LPL’s Finance division is looking for a well-rounded Sr. Analyst to help drive strategic business decisions through the production, analysis and reporting of key business drivers to LPL’s profitability and growth. The ideal candidate has sound judgement, the ability to recognize and communicate trends and insights, along with a good understanding of data and automation concepts.
The BAR group resides within FP&A and plays an instrumental role in the analysis and reporting of LPL’s financial and KPI results, and in collaboration with various business units helps to support data driven decision making. This team is integrally involved in financial analysis, development and validation of various business metrics, including supporting growth initiatives, and forward trend analysis. Additionally, the group is responsible for reporting financial information in various forms including monthly executive packages, board of director presentations, Earnings Release support, and sales & asset reporting.
- Prepare and distribute reporting packages to senior management with a high degree of accuracy
- Support our Investor Relations partners during the quarterly earnings release process
- Administrative support of one of the firms main data warehouses used to track key metrics
- Partner with business units across the firm to develop qualitative and quantitative processes to make better business decisions
- Development of business metrics and dashboards
- Serve as subject matter expert for key financial metrics and data
- Support initiatives to help improve the quality and availability of data
- Recognizing system and process inefficiencies and implement effective solutions
- Ad hoc analysis, modeling, and additional responsibilities as required
- Effective communication, presentation and writing skills
- Strong knowledge of financial reporting processes
- MS Excel proficiency required; macros or VBA scripting a plus
- Experience with enterprise systems and/or data manipulation and reporting tools a definite plus (OBIEE, Hyperion, Alteryx, Tableau or similar tools and interfaces)
- Experience with SQL or other programming languages a definite plus
- Detail oriented with insight to determine applicability of big picture analysis
- Ability to source and manipulate large datasets
- Ability to work comfortably with incomplete information and deal with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work within a team, take the initiative with a strong attention to detail is critical
- Ability to take initiative and create concise and relevant analysis is essential
- Proactive problem solver, expected to present problems and recommendations simultaneously
- Positive attitude, commitment to excellence and integrity
- High level of motivation and initiative
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Business, or Economics (or a related discipline) is preferred
- 3+ years finance/analytics related experience, professional services experience preferred
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.