Sr Analyst, FP&A- Business AnalyticsApply Job ID: R-015050 Date posted: 05/18/2021 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
The Business Analytics team within LPL’s Finance division is looking for a well-rounded Sr. Analyst to help drive strategic business decisions through the production, analysis and reporting of key business drivers to LPL’s profitability and growth. The ideal candidate has sound judgement, the ability to recognize and communicate trends and insights, along with a strong understanding of data and automation concepts.
The BAR group resides within FP&A and plays an instrumental role in the analysis and reporting of LPL’s financial and KPI results, and in collaboration with various business units helps to support data driven decision making. This team is integrally involved in financial analysis, development and validation of various business metrics, including supporting growth initiatives, and forward trend analysis. Additionally, the group is responsible for reporting financial information in various forms including monthly executive packages, board of director presentations, Earnings Release support, and sales & asset reporting.
• Prepare and distribute reporting packages to senior management with a high degree of accuracy
• Support our Investor Relations partners during the quarterly earnings release process
• Administrative support of one of the firms main data warehouses used to track key metrics
• Partner with business units across the firm to develop qualitative and quantitative processes to make better business decisions
• Development of business metrics and dashboards
• Serve as subject matter expert for key financial metrics and data
• Support initiatives to help improve the quality and availability of data
• Identifying and implementing automated solutions that enhance efficiency and accuracy of data processes
• Ad hoc analysis, modeling, and additional responsibilities as required
• Effective communication, presentation and writing skills
• Strong knowledge of financial reporting processes
• MS Excel proficiency required; macros or VBA scripting a plus
• Experience with enterprise systems and/or data manipulation and reporting tools a plus (OBIEE, Hyperion, Alteryx, Tableau or similar tools and interfaces)
• Experience with SQL, Python, R or other programming languages
• Detail oriented with insight to determine applicability of big picture analysis
• Ability to work comfortably with incomplete information and deal with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work within a team, take the initiative with a strong attention to detail
• Ability to take initiative and create concise and relevant analysis
• Positive attitude, commitment to excellence and integrity
• High level of motivation and initiative
• BA/BS degree in Finance, Business, or Economics (or a related discipline) is preferred
• 3+ years finance/analytics related experience, professional services experience preferred
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.