Sr. Analyst, Innovation and StrategyApply Job ID: R-017590 Date posted: 09/16/2021 Primary Location CA-San Diego
Are you someone with a professional background in finance, consulting, or product management?
Are you a strategic thinker with excellent analytic capabilities and experience?
Are you looking to focus on strategic initiatives core to LPL’s growth with an emphasis on business line development, mergers & acquisitions, pricing & monetization, and innovation?
Excited to learn more? If so, then this could be the role for you!
Sr Analyst, Innovation & Strategy
LPL Financial is seeking a strong applicant to join our Innovation & Strategy team within LPL’s Advisor Solutions group, one of the most visible departments in our organization. The Senior Analyst, Innovation & Strategy will be part of an entrepreneurial, high-performing team that is leading the evolution of LPL’s go-to-market strategy with new business lines and advisor affiliation models. As a trusted business partner, you will drive outcomes, lead cross-functional teams, and contribute to the deep and thoughtful analysis that enables our leadership team to make informed decisions regarding firm-wide strategic initiatives, pricing & monetization, product management, enhancing existing business lines, and contributing to our organic growth strategy. The ideal candidate for this role has a combination of strong business acumen, a consulting mindset, and wealth management, software, product, and financial knowledge to assist with the development and delivery of new business lines, software tools, as well as the due diligence, and integration of proprietary M&A.
This division within Advisor Solutions focuses on business line ownership and evolution as well as the execution of an ongoing roadmap to support our strategic initiatives. The teams’ goal is to leverage both the strengths of our existing model and expand into new markets where we enhance the capabilities we offer our advisors. You will have the opportunity to work on the firms newest projects to provide leadership with timely, accurate, and insightful commentary and recommendations. You will gain a full understanding of, and the ability to explain all business aspects of our products/platforms, and work with numerous business units across the firm. This role will embrace strategic, analytical, product and project management skillsets to support our growth and positioning across the entire wealth management market as LPL expands our distribution models and capabilities through mergers and acquisitions.
If you want to learn and grow with us, this is the role for you. We have a robust career path where successful Senior Analysts promote into broader roles within the organization. The Senior Analyst role will make you an expert in LPL’s offerings and capabilities, quickly making you a competitive candidate for other internal opportunities.
Job Responsibilities & Duties:
- Assist with the strategic assessment, operational build-out, and implementation of new affiliation models (i.e. business lines/channels) and flexible and nimble foundational systems; serve as a subject matter expert for internal and external partners
- Lead financial analysis on firm-wide Pricing Strategy & Monetization decisions
- Participate in due diligence and integration of Merger & Acquisition opportunities
- Draft technical product requirements for development teams alongside Product & Program Development
- Lead innovation efforts, market research and competitive landscape analysis to inform capital investment opportunities and capability enhancements
- Create best-in-class reports and prepare presentations related to LPL’s strategic plays, potential M&A transactions, and growth initiatives that are SVP+, C-Suite, and Board ready
- Assist in the management of strategic initiatives and projects that are undertaken, in an efficient and effective manner
What skills, experiences, and education are required?
- Degree in Finance, Business, Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science (or a related discipline) preferred
- 3 - 5 years management consulting, corporate strategy, investment banking, corporate development, or product management experience preferred
- Ability to effectively manage multiple initiatives/projects at one time, work within a team, show strong attention to detail, communicate clearly and concisely, work comfortably with incomplete information, and deal with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
- Self-driven individual with high level of motivation, positive attitude, commitment to excellence and integrity, and hunger to contribute to a growing team in a start-up-like atmosphere
- Must possess highly-tactical skills and strong proficiency with Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and be interested in learning tools such as: Discovery, Jira, Confluence, Sharepoint, Box, etc.
- Data-driven decision making and ability to consider and position multiple pathways forward
- Proactive problem solver, expected to present problems and recommendations simultaneously
- Develop, in partnership with Corporate Development team, financial projections for headcount and integration plans
- Develop, in partnership with Strategy & New Ventures team, market research and competitive landscape analysis related to business line development, innovation, and firm-wide pricing strategy
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaboratorswho can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
What does your success look like in the first 90 days?
- Immersing yourself in and learning as much as you can about the nuances of team processes and tools, the industry, company, and our advisors
- Bringing fresh perspective, ideas, and critical thinking to how our growing team operates, consistently asking questions and pushing for progress over perfection
- Working with others in the team, department, and across the company to understand the LPL ecosystem and how it pertains to our strategic plays, new business lines, M&A deals, and product development
- Creating best-in-class analysis via Microsoft Excel or other tools, and presenting Board ready PowerPoint presentations with your findings
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.