Sr. Analyst, Product Innovation & DeploymentApply Job ID: R-006542 Date posted: 05/16/2019 Primary Location CA-San Diego
Sr. Analyst, Capital Management Product Innovation & Deployment
LPL’s Capital Management department fosters a culture of product innovation, entrepreneurship, and empowerment.
The Capital Management team is looking for talented candidates with both product development experience and a financial background.
In collaboration with LPL’s Technology & Product departments, this role will support design, deployment, and management of new advisor facing financial technologies. These products include but are not limited to development of LPL’s Virtual CFO, Capital Solution’s lending systems, and M&A product suite.
The Virtual CFO program allows advisors to spend more time with their clients as dedicated Virtual CFO’s will be the financial expert providing financial analysis, insights and business metrics. Virtual CFO provides advisors a KPI dashboard, business planning tool, benchmarking, and financial metric tracking. This role will support the roll out of these tools to LPL advisors.
LPL Capital Solutions is in the process of upgrading our loan system. This role will assist in the product development and deployment of a new system. You will have the opportunity to work with the technology team, product specialists, and test with advisors.
The team is also exploring tools to improve our M&A processes. This role will consult with the Practice Acquisitions team to improve the experience, reporting, and lead generation for LPL advisors.
Strong communication, analytical, strategic thinking and problem solving skills are needed, along with the ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task. The ability work and think like an entrepreneur, take initiative, innovate and show strong attention to detail are necessary for success in this role.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Understand competitive landscape of each product to cultivate ideas for design
- Establish and clearly define business requirements to aid technology development team
- Wireframe and create visualizations for multiple teams to add feedback
- Work on multiple projects at once with LPL IIS and Technology teams
- Work with internal teams and financial advisors to collect feedback and define iterative improvements
- Create surveys and track data from multiple sources
- Report findings and establish action items from testing
- Actively manage timeline and report out progress
- Ability to pivot and quickly change design based on feedback and business needs
Ad-hoc business analysis, reporting and decision support
- Create financial metrics, analyze the data, and present on it
- Create Officer ready presentation materials
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, or related-field
- Basic knowledge of product, the industry, and end investor
- Demonstrated knowledge of LPL platform, products and services a plus
- Experience interacting with financial advisors and senior management
- Ability to perform in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Up to 25% travel anticipated
- Knowledge of industry
- Nice to have: valuations and/or loan underwriting experience
- Nice to have: start-up experience
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.