Sr. Analyst, Product ManagementApply Job ID: R-019644 Date posted: 12/07/2021 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations SC-Fort Mill , CA-Remote
Are you passionate about delivering solutions to LPL’s financial advisors?
Are you results-oriented, agile-minded, and can work in a team or independently?
Do you like taking on challenging projects, learning new skills, and working with different people?
LPL Financial (Nasdaq: LPLA) was founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor, and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the markets we serve, supporting more than 18,000 financial advisors, 800 institution-based investment programs and 450 independent RIA firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access to personalized guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL, independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to choose the business model, services, and technology resources that allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom to manage their client relationships, because they know their clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
LPL’s Advisor Solutions organization is expanding its product management team and currently hiring a Senior Analyst to join a team responsible for helping to drive new and innovative product solutions for our advisors. This role must have a passion for helping our advisors and a willingness to do what’s needed across a variety of functions and products. You will work closely with technology, marketing, research, design, consultants and leaders to drive the best product outcomes for our clients. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of our competitive landscape, understand the needs of client base, and be comfortable working independently to driving outcomes across broad cross-functional teams.
Specifically, this role will support the data needs of LPL’s largest clients. An ideal candidate will need to gain a full understanding of what our clients need and work on solutions to govern all aspects of the solution including data, transport, compliance, legal, support and ad hoc needs. The role will work collaboratively with many stakeholders – every product will have unique aspects and requires a candidate to be able to think analytically and anticipate needs. Collaboration with internal business and technology partners will be critical to ensure that these capabilities are delivered in a manner that delights our clients, maximizes our business objectives, and meets all regulatory requirements. We are shaping an end-to-end business friendly experience for our clients that meets their growing business needs in an adaptable and technical proficient means.
- Provide support to the Product Management team by authoring business requirement documents
- Provide administrative support for testing, experimentation and readiness efforts
- Provide data analytics and data oversight
- Provide project management support where appropriate
- Create processes for the consistent collection of feedback, tracking of metrics, and enhancements of product governance
- Efficiently manage and standardized product procedures
- Coordinate tasks, meetings and people/resources as part of assisting in the implementation and administration of new product and service launches, including assisting in:
- Customer Tester selection & recruitment
- Assist in creating and maintaining program metrics and reporting
- Assist in developing, improving and revising program processes for continual improvement
- Assist in issue management, being able to suggest solution
- Help establish and implement a best in class onboarding experience
- Assist in creating, updating and maintaining data within MS SharePoint, SmartSheet and MS Excel
- Assist in creating, sending and analyzing surveys
- Assist in determining meaningful data metrics
- Assist in tracking, analyzing and creating performance and output reports during and in the follow-up after project completion
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
- Associates Degree; 4-year degree in business, marketing or technology preferred or equivalent experience.
- Technology fluency including extensive knowledge of SharePoint, Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required;
- Product/Project Management Skills (informal or formal)
- Experience in capturing and reporting program and project results
- Experience with Innovation, Beta Testing, Client Experience or Design Thinking is a plus
- Experience with Agile projects and process is a plus
- Fast learner and interest in experimentation, testing, design and change management
- High attention to detail, superb organizational skills, and project management ability
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and good at problem solving
- Positive, flexible can-do attitude
- Individual accountability
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.