Sr. Analyst, Small Business Researcher
Do you enjoy researching small and medium sized businesses?
Are you an internet sleuth when it comes to finding detail on nonpublic companies?
Are you great at listening to interviews and podcasts to uncover valuable details about a business’s strategy and aspirations?
Do you enjoy packing up all your discovered intel into a compelling narrative for your colleagues?
Excited to learn more? If so, then this could be the role for you!
LPL Financial (Nasdaq: LPLA) was founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor, and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the markets we serve, supporting more than 18,000 financial advisors, 800 institution-based investment programs and 450 independent RIA firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access to personalized guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL, independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to choose the business model, services, and technology resources that allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom to manage their client relationships, because they know their clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
The SMB researcher will be an important part of our innovative, entrepreneurial, high-performing Business Development organization that is leading the evolution of LPL’s go-to-market strategy.
Our SMB researcher will be responsible for preparing summary deliverables that benchmark our business prospects. This will entail:
- Research value proposition of prospects / targets / competitors
- Be, and stay, very well versed in the industry landscape of wealth management and financial advisors; with particular interest in new entrants and relevant, recent shifts
- Leverage external and internal data resources; you must be comfortable, even drawn to, stitching together data from many different sources and checking control totals and reconciling back to the source or an alternate source to ensure data quality
- Support finance corp dev team with deal model inputs
- Compile tear sheets and presentations with information on prospect client companies including revenue, management team, market share, contribution to book, etc.
- Maintain pipeline of potential deals and deal targets, keep it up to date and provide requisite visibility to colleagues
- Work across teams and with vendors
- Adept with power point
- Adept with excel
- Added data programming capability a plus
- Salesforce experience a plus
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
We know the confidence gap, parental pause, and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates, so please don’t hesitate to apply — we want to hear from you.
- Minimum 2-5 years of experience working with structured and unstructured data in research, finance, m&a, integration, program management, B2B sales, sales ops, recruiting, business development, etc.
- Superior analytical skills with an ability to identify relevant data, evaluate business opportunities within the context of a larger organization and present findings in a clear and actionable manner
- Team-player with a positive can-do attitude, with an ability to both contribute as an individual and develop a motivated, high performing team of employees.
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.