Sr. Analyst, STO Risk ManagementApply Job ID: R-001930 Date posted: 01/16/2018 Primary Location CA-San Diego
The Sr. Analyst within the STO Risk Management team will be responsible for leading projects that are key for a rapidly changing regulatory environment. The role will work closely with the AVP of STO Risk Management, various operational and service units throughout STO (Service Trading and Operations), Compliance, Legal and Risk (CLR), Technology and other departments within LPL to identify, analyze, and present process solutions that help mitigate risks. The candidate must be able to multi-task, have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills and strong analytical skills. The role will require clear and consistent reporting to senior leadership within STO and the firm.
- Identify key project members and coordinate project team meetings
- Consistent use of project templates including agendas, meeting minutes, and project plans
- Develop and maintain full scale project plan documentation to ensure milestones and deliverables are tracked successfully to closure
- Manage project timelines
- Track project budget and resource needs
- Communicate effectively project progress, risks, and issues to key stakeholder on a consistent basis
- Analyze data to help STO develop a more proactive and anticipatory approach to risk management
- Ensure ongoing analysis of risks, vulnerabilities, and market trends
- Determine potential impact on the organization’s risk posture
- Assist in benchmarking STO effectiveness against industry standards and peer firms
- Continually access and identify new risk items within STO
- Ongoing review and remediation of identified risk items
- 6+ years of industry experience (preferably financial services) in several disciplines (project management, business analyst, operations, internal audit, compliance, risk management, other internal controls)
- Strong project management, communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to aggregate, analyze, and interpret operational data
- Ability to manage and lead effectively in an ever changing environment (both corporate and regulatory)
- Ability to work with and communicate effectively to various levels throughout the organization
- Ability to leverage others’ expertise and experience in identifying, evaluating and mitigating risks within STO
- Series 7, 24, 63 and 65 (66) preferred
- All Microsoft applications, particularly, VISIO, WORD, ACCESS, PowerPoint and Excel
Soft Skills Required:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Personable and reliable self-starter who requires minimal management oversight for day-to-day work responsibilities
- Strong attention to detail with a pro-active approach to solving and preventing problems
- Ability to work under pressure/deadlines and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to interface effectively with various levels of employees
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Highly motivated and able to adapt to changing priorities
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer since 1996* and the fourth largest broker/dealer overall, serves as an enabling partner to more than 14,000 independent financial advisors and approximately 700 financial institutions. Since its formation decades ago, LPL has focused on one primary mission -- enabling independent financial advisors to bring objective and un-biased financial advice to millions of Americans.
Headquartered in Boston, San Diego, and Fort Mill, and powered by more than 3,300 client-centric employees, LPL is financially strong and growing.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.