Sr Analyst, StrategyApply Job ID: R-003393 Date posted: 06/15/2018 Primary Location CA-San Diego
Reporting to the VP of Business Unit Strategy, within the broader Corporate Strategy team at LPL, The Senior Analyst, Corporate Strategy will join the strategy team at LPL Financial and will be primarily responsible for supporting efforts to launch new business initiatives and/or improve process to align best with strategic goals. A successful candidate will demonstrate:
- A strong analytical skill-set
- An ability to separate underlying root causes impacting a business’ performance from the symptoms they exhibit
- Outstanding strategic thinking skills and the ability to visually outline options and trade-offs in a manner that can be clearly understood by a senior audience
Prior financial services experience a plus, but more importantly, a successful candidate will illustrate a strong ability to quickly understand the most critical elements of any industry or business. The individual should be excited by the opportunity to help solve highly unstructured problems in an iterative, hypothesis-driven approach.
The new team member’s responsibilities include:
- Researching and staying up to date on competitive pricing trends in the industry
- Working with large quantities of data to estimate impacts of potential pricing and policy adjustments
- Create presentations to for senior members of the organization
- Establish a collaborative environment at all levels of the organization that creates better input into the strategy development process, and better alignment by communicating strategic decisions and outcome
- Provide research and project support on a variety of strategic initiatives
This position is based in LPL’s office in San Diego, CA
- Strategic thinker, with strong execution focus
- Expert Excel skills and proficiency in Microsoft Access
- Manage multiple tasks across different projects
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, with the ability to present materials to the highest levels in the organization and serve as a recognized subject matter expert, as well as the ability to frame complex issues visually
- Research, analyze, and explain complex problems concisely
- Results oriented and outcome based
- Bring energy, excitement, and gravitas to the role
- Background in FP&A, Corp Dev, and/or management consulting a plus, with expertise in the financial services industry
- 2-5 years professional experience and a top tier undergraduate degree (MBA a plus)
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.