Sr. Analyst, Tableau and Business IntelligenceApply Job ID: R-016797 Date posted: 09/13/2021 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
Senior Analyst - Tableau and Business Intelligence
The Senior Analyst, Tableau and Business Intelligence, Business Insights & Systems, Relationship Management plays a critical role of helping to enable Relationship Managers across Independent Advisor Services (IAS) and Institution Services (IS) support over 10,000 financial advisor, and more than 800 financial institutions who utilize LPL’s industry-leading customer and investment technology to manage their businesses and support their clients. Relationship Management plays a key role in driving a curated care experience by helping advisors and institutions navigate the many service and product offering LPL brings to market in ways that help them manage and grow their practices and assist clients in making their financial dreams possible.
Business Insights & Systems is responsible for creating data-driven and actionable insights which inform executive actions and direct advisor engagement through the use of Tableau dashboards, Salesforce, and the production of standardized performance reporting. With IAS and IS leadership, Business Insights & Systems drives the execution and measurement of key initiatives around advisor/institution retention, AUM growth, net sales performance, as well as creating leads and referrals for customizable solutions available across the LPL platform.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Serve as primary reporting liaison within Business Insights for the Elite Relationship Management team which supports the largest and most complex Advisor teams. This includes the development of Tableau dashboards and data capture from Salesforce, NPS, financial, and service disciplines to measure engagement, satisfaction, economic performance and utilization of LPL services and capabilities.
- Track and report on progress towards key strategic initiatives, metrics, and OKRs, including recommending prescriptive actions to course correct where necessary.
- Lead the data management and reporting relationship with external vendor ActiFi, and their advisor success platform which LPL uses to help advisors identify and achieve their growth and practice management goals.
- Develop Salesforce and Tableau dashboards to enable self-service of key client insights, client engagement targets, targeted campaigns, and business referrals.
- Design and develop meaningful insights for Relationship Management. Prepare and distribute reporting packages and dashboards to senior management with a focus on expediency, data accuracy, and informed narration.
- Effectively translate business needs into reporting requirements and partner with user groups to identify and mitigate risks or impacts, leveraging a team of champions for user acceptance testing and process improvement ideation.
- Lead work-streams for key initiatives; provide guidance to cross-functional teams and act as a voice of Relationship Management for firm-wide initiatives.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for an energetic and collaborative team player who is driven to make a difference for the home office, and regionally-based Relationship Managers we support. We’re looking for someone who can help us innovate and improve our user’s Tableau literacy by creating powerful interactive dashboards while making it easier for them to use, and delivering a streamlined, customized experience.
This role is Tableau, Salesforce, reporting, and data management intensive. The ideal candidate will come with the following:
·Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Finance, CS, Mathematics, or a related field.
·5+ years of experience in an Asset or Wealth Management organization or comparable.
·Highly proficient in Tableau including dashboard creation and report development.
·Experience using Python, Alteryx or Tableau Prep for powering queries and data preparation
·Expert level in Excel, including vlookups, pivot tables, complex formulas, and charts. VBA is a plus.
·Experience, and a high level of proficiency with Salesforce.
·Ability to demonstrate critical, analytical thinking in all aspects of the job – technical and non-technical.
·Familiarity with the agile project management framework.
·Project and change management experience is highly valued
·Comfort with data management, transformation and governance best practices.
Please note – This position is expected to work in an LPL home office location on a full time or hybrid (3 days in office, two days remote) basis. Full time remote is not an option once LPL return to work protocols resume in early 2022.
Position Location: San Diego, CA
Optional Location: Fort Mill, SC
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.