Sr. Business ConsultantApply Job ID: R-002368 Date posted: 02/28/2018 Primary Location CA-San Diego
Sr Business Consultant – Job Description
The Sr Business Consultant will support the Practice Acquisitions Team within LPL’s Strategic Business Solutions Group (SBS). Within SBS the Sr. Business Consultant will play a critical role in the ongoing management and analysis of advisor merger and acquisition (M&A) activity through LPL’s Virtual CFO offering as well as assisting with other disciplines of the group including: succession planning, business analysis, advisor capital, enterprise consulting, and ad-hoc projects. The Sr. Business Consultant will be expected to facilitate advisor buy/sell transactions from initial consulting and matchmaking through final integration. The role will provide a great amount of growth opportunity as the advisor M&A market continues to develop in light of recent regulatory and demographic trends.
- Assist advisors as they perform buyouts, mergers, acquisitions or divestitures within their business or enterprise
- Provide detailed reporting and data analysis on LPL’s closed, current and future client acquisition deal flow
- Build and expand upon existing, complex financial models to provide financial decision support for buy-side facing clients
- Continue to enhance and update LPL Valuation metrics for the purpose of maintaining current multiples for valuation integrity
- Assist advisors in data analysis and other performance metrics through acquisition due diligence
- Become a specialist and subject matter expert in small business mergers and acquisitions and alternative deal structure strategies
- Assist with enhancement of LPL’s internal library of acquisition strategy whitepapers
- Assist in the sales process and preliminary underwriting of LPL’s acquisition and growth loans within LPL’s Advisor Capital Program
- Cataloguing LPL advisor acquisition interest and assist in providing matchmaking between both buyers and sellers
- Be able to present or speak in front of small to audiences
- Ability to think strategically and provide insights related to the internal and external business drivers facing not only advisors, but also the broker dealer for acquisition, succession, and advisor trends
- Assist LPL’s business development team driving incremental new store sales by in providing key insights to potential LPL recruits regarding SBS’s capabilities
- Further assist the acquisition team in streamlining and developing scalable solutions to service the growing demands for advisor M&A activity
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance or related-field
- Strong knowledge of business valuation methodology desired
- Knowledge of small business operations a plus
- MBA or other advanced degree a plus
- FINRA Series 7/63 a plus
- Basic knowledge of product, the industry, and end investor
- Demonstrated knowledge of LPL platforms, products and services a plus
- Experience interacting with advisors and senior management
- Ability to perform in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Up to 5% travel anticipated
LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer since 1996* and the fourth largest broker/dealer overall, serves as an enabling partner to more than 14,000 independent financial advisors and approximately 700 financial institutions. Since its formation decades ago, LPL has focused on one primary mission -- enabling independent financial advisors to bring objective and un-biased financial advice to millions of Americans.
Headquartered in Boston, San Diego, and Fort Mill, and powered by more than 3,300 client-centric employees, LPL is financially strong and growing.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.