Sr Communications Analyst
Do you have a knack for creative communications?
Are you interested in being part of a team that is working to transform and do things differently?
If so, LPL Financial is the place for you!
LPL Financial (Nasdaq: LPLA) was founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor, and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the markets we serve, supporting more than 18,000 financial advisors, 800 institution-based investment programs and 450 independent RIA firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access to personalized guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL, independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to choose the business model, services, and technology resources that allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom to manage their client relationships, because they know their clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
We’re seeking an experienced writer and communicator to provide employee communications and engagement support for National Sales and Marketing to help enhance our client relationships and drive growth. In this new individual contributor role, you will have an opportunity to create internal communications for National Sales and Marketing leaders and departments and serve as an internal go-to contact for National Sales and Marketing communication needs. In addition, you will closely collaborate with the Corporate Communications team to ensure your projects and work align with the firm’s strategic communication plans and reflect our corporate story/messaging arc.
Content Management – 50%
- Plan and manage weekly content for social media outlets and coordinate announcements, articles, blogs, message board postings, digital signage, and other communications to be shared with employees and clients using various other communication vehicles.
- In collaboration with other Communications teams, align messages and content opportunities across different audience groups.
Communication Planning and Development – 40%
- Write, edit, and distribute clear and compelling communications, including announcements and profiles, business success stories, Q&As, policy updates, town hall content, scripts, speeches and talking points, surveys, and other communications.
- Support Managing Director in developing effective, consistent, and relevant employee messaging in support of business unit goals and priorities, while working to drive employee engagement, productivity, and performance.
- Develop, support, and/or implement communication plans.
- Follow and use CCE communication processes, tools, and templates designed to simplify and streamline communication activities.
Project Management – 10%
- Ensure communication-related projects and deliverables are delivered on time.
- Participate in cross-functional teams to support department and company goals.
- Develop and deliver solutions for challenging communication projects.
- Offer ideas and solutions to enhance communication-related processes.
Other Job Duties: (Provide details of items that are specific and unique to this position).
- Act as a subject-matter expert on communication-related operational and editorial policies and procedures.
- Ensure a consistent tone and voice across all communication materials.
- Simplify complex ideas and make them relevant to stakeholders and audiences.
- Leverage multi-media (including web, video, social, and other media) to support company goals and reader/viewer engagement.
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, English, Journalism, Writing, or other related field
- Minimum of 2 years of experience focused in communication
- Superior writing skills required: must be able to distill often complex issues into compelling, audience-tailored communications
- A proven self-starter with excellent organizational skills who thrives in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to interact well with all levels of the organization, including senior executives, as well as external partners or vendors
- Ability to collaborate with teams in different departments and functions
- Capable of delivering exceptional work under tight deadlines
- Strategic thinking, planning, and execution abilities
- Strong project management skills, with focus on effective execution
- Ability to navigate roadblocks and provide smart alternate solutions while working independently with minimal direction
- Must possess attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and complete projects within deadline-driven environment and manage quickly changing priorities
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality
- Ability to learn Chicago editorial style
- Experience with graphic design and multimedia/HTML/web content management a plus
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.