Sr. Conference AnalystApply Job ID: R-012183 Date posted: 12/17/2020 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
The Senior Analyst role will be a member of the Conference Experiences team in the National Sales Consulting (NSC) group reporting up to the team’s Vice President.
The ideal candidate is adept at using large data sets to find opportunities for process optimization and help develop future strategy for client facing conferences. They must have experience using a variety of data analysis methods, using a variety of data tools, and using/creating algorithms. They must have a proven ability to drive business results with their data-based insights, and be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams. The right candidate will have a passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets and working cross-functionally to improve business outcomes.
This position will partner closely with the Vice President in strategizing for future events and using data and analytics to empower the organization to intelligently enhance the overall client experience. In addition to the analytics role, he/she will also help lead the development, implementation and execution within our event registration model for all conferences to help ensure positioning, messaging, goals and deliverables are achieved before, during, and after each respective event.
- Implement event measurement programs using proven change management models and key stakeholder support.
- Use customer experience data sets and qualitative analysis to derive insights
- Develop a deep understanding of LPL’s data ecosystem and be able to rapidly assess and assemble data sets to support a given analysis
- Assist in developing goals and SMART objectives that allow true insight into the value of conferences and how they drive growth, efficiency and loyalty for the business.
- Work with conference lead and business unit owners to develop an understanding of core messages and measurable objectives for each event.
- Manage team wide registration build with travel partner support and post-event evaluation analytics.
- Create measurements that matter and better understand how the behavior change meetings create drive positive fiscal growth for the organization.
- Analyze and report results to key business leaders and articulate the quantifiable value of meetings and events.
- Complete ad-hoc assignments that assist in the development and implementation of strategies and new processes.
- Develop and manage multiple projects, milestones/deadlines, and key deliverables as it relates to each event assigned.
- Thrive in a fast paced, in person and virtual team atmosphere, as well as independently, with the confidence to adjust and adapt as priorities change.
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent experience)
- Hospitality and Financial Services industry knowledge or certifications a plus (e.g. CFP, CFA, CAIA, CMP, DES, CSEP)
- At least 5 years of experience in an analytics position preferred
- Strong understanding of hospitality, operations, and marketing a plus
- Experience presenting analytics and actionable insights to Senior Leaders
- A high level of integrity, earning the trust of his/her peer groups and executives
- Ability to work in a virtual team environment, motivate team members and influence the behavior of others
- Exceptional interpersonal and partnership skills and the ability to positively influence outcomes
- Highly motivated and able to adapt to changing priorities
Technology / Skill Requirements:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Excel and PowerPoint expertise necessary, including an ability to visually convey information and insights through graphs, charts, and other means
- Autonomous worker with the ability to balance and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, high stress environment
- Excellent problem solving skills with an exceptional attention to detail
- Flexibility and adaptability to unexpected demands a must
- Experience/understanding of relational databases, e.g., SQL Server, Oracle
- Experience/understanding of digital analytics tools like Adobe SiteCatalyst (Omniture) or Google Analytics, etc
- Familiarization of CRM tools like SalesForce or Microsoft Dynamics, etc
- Ability to translate findings into business insights and to communicate them in a way that is clear and meaningful
- Ability to synthesize and work with various data types from a variety of sources, e.g., operational, transactional, financial, survey, third party vendor, and macroeconomic
- Strong teamwork and experience in collaborating with individuals across lines of business, functional areas, and different levels of an organization
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.