Sr. Consultant, Advisor Learning Programs and EventsApply Job ID: R-008430 Date posted: 01/15/2020 Primary Location CA-San Diego
Our Advisor Program and Events Team has an amazing opportunity for an Advisor Program Consultant. This unique role combines skills in critical thinking, communications, consulting, business analytics program/product design through launch. Individuals in this role are very comfortable collaborating across the organization and with clients, vendors and product sponsors to achieve goals.
The Advisor Program and Events Team is responsible for identifying Advisor and Institution learning and development opportunities then applying new ideas and innovative techniques to develop high impact products and services that optimize client learning, encourage engagement, deepen client loyalty, drive efficiency and promote business growth.
By utilizing insights from advisors, business partners, the marketplace and competitors, the Advisor Program and Events Team is accountable for designing, testing and iterating on new ideas and hypotheses within the Human Capital organization.
Essential Job Duties
At LPL financial, our work makes a difference. That is why we share a passion for doing it ethically and exceedingly well. Because we have a clear focus and we are empowered to deliver results, we see every day that we are creating something special together. Within the Program and Events team our focus on LPL’s mission and corporate goals, Culture and Community objectives and Advisor Program and Events guiding principles include:
- Acts as a product lead by conducting product research, development, communication, metrics, on-going assessment, maintenance and enhancements of existing products/programs.
- Creation of market-leading client centric products.
- Dedication to strengthening advisor/institution loyalty.
- Commitment to Innovation.
- Leveraging multiple ways of learning delivery and client networking opportunities.
- Demonstrates logical and creative methodology related to the analysis of key business metrics, critical KPIs and learning objectives across multiple initiatives.
- Manages simultaneous activities and projects of various size and scope from start to finish while meeting deadlines and ensuring that activities and projects are completed on time.
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking and analytical skills and the ability to evaluate opportunities within the context of a larger organization and its objectives.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Aptitude to synthesize raw data into themes and patterns to provide insights and data-driven recommendations.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize many different assignments while delivering quality results in a timely manner.
- Works with a high level of integrity and displays a professional demeanor with the ability to earn respect and trust of peer groups and executives.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite with expertise in PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
- Considers various perspectives and new ways of thinking when collaborating with internal and external business partners
- Ability to present information in front various audiences and present materials across different levels of the organization.
- Highly motivated and reliable self-starter
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with a high rate of change and ambiguity.
- Project or product management experience preferred
- Deep knowledge of LPL Technology, Operations, Tools and Resources
- Process improvement experience and/or designations preferred
- Proven ability to with copy edit
- Event planning or event logistics experience preferred
- Well versed in various Broker Dealer lines of business including wire house, regional, independent, RIA, institutions and retirement planning firms.
- Proficient with social media platforms a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work related experience.
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 4,200 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2019, based on total revenue.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.