Sr. Consultant; Digital Analytics & InsightsApply Job ID: R-005804 Date posted: 02/20/2019 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
LPL Financial is looking for a talented, highly motivated individual with an analytical mind who is passionate about data, analytics and digital marketing to join our team. In this role, you will consult with business partners from across the organization to identify and implement the right digital measurement approach, analyze our online activity, and surface insights that will allow us to continually optimize our online presence.
This role will tap into a variety of internal and external tools, including web analytics, search trends, email metrics, social data, survey results, and CRM, to deliver holistic insights that will used to inform our strategy. You will regularly develop and maintain dashboards and reports that will provide the business with visibility into our online performance and consult with the team on how to optimize our digital platforms based on your learnings. Additionally, you will support the digital team in developing and executing online tests, including A/B testing experiments, and applying personalization and segmentation rules, so that we can deliver the best digital experience to our online audiences.
This role will closely collaborate with members of our Finance, Business Intelligence, Corporate Strategy, IT, Research, Marketing, Corporate Communications and Client Experience divisions to inform, measure and implement digital analytics.
The ideal candidate is experienced in web analytics and/or other digital analytic tools, has a knack for data visualization and reporting, and is a strong critical thinker who can sift through varying amounts of data to garner insight.
Data Analysis & Reporting
- Work with internal stakeholders to establish KPIs and related metrics for their area of the business; align digital metrics with their goals
- Develop and maintain weekly, monthly and quarterly dashboards to measure performance against KPIs
- Regularly cultivate insights using a variety of analytic resources (i.e. Adobe Analytics, Salesforce, etc..) to inform our content creation and marketing campaigns
- Conduct ad-hoc and deep-dive analyses of our digital platforms to inform site redesigns, new product development and optimization opportunities
- Produce campaign wrap-up reports to share key learnings with the organization
- Collect data on competitors’ tactics, market conditions and audience demographics
- Work closely with members of the digital team in building out our social analytics/listening and e-mail reporting capabilities
- Assist in architecting and implementing analytics solutions that meet data collection and reporting needs using Adobe Analytics
- Periodically QA analytic tags across our digital platforms; escalate known issues
- Provide oversight to our data governance among the digital team to ensure we are consistently and accurately collecting campaign data
- Aid in the on-going development of our digital analytic capabilities / roadmap; evaluate opportunities to integrate with other internal and external data sources to strengthen our digital insights
Optimization / Personalization
- Help design and execute testing experiments across our digital channels
- Analyze audience behaviors and identify segments to support our personalization efforts
- Proactively mine data across our digital platforms to identify optimization opportunities
- Assist in developing and maintaining a measurement framework for us to measure our optimization and personalization efforts
Bachelor’s degree in related area of study
5+ years of experience in analytics, performance marketing or other quantitative/data-driven field. Knowledge of the digital space and modern marketing communications practices is preferred.
Software/Systems Skills Required:
- Experience with web analytic tools (Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics); Adobe Analytics preferred
- Strong MS Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Comfortability with CRM data (Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics, Redtail)
- Experience with social analytic or social listening tools (Facebook Insights, Twitter Insights, Hootsuite, Social Rank etc.)
- Comfortability with paid digital campaign data (paid search, digital media, etc.)
- Comfortability with e-mail metrics
- Use of BI Tools (Tableau)
Soft Skills required:
- Someone who is naturally inquisitive, continually questions data and follows all “leads” to deliver the most comprehensive insights
- Has the ability to clearly translate data points into easily digestible presentations, reports and recommendations
- Can draw conclusion from data sets varying in size and complexity
- Is very detail-oriented, ensures accuracy of reporting
- Has strong data visualization capabilities; can develop visually appealing dashboards and reports
- Ability to work comfortably with incomplete information and deal with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
- Quickly builds rapport and trust among the team; can help serve as a change agent in in leveraging digital analytics across the organization
- Self-reliant, good problem solver, results oriented
- Positive attitude, commitment to excellence and integrity
- High level of motivation and initiative
- Strong communication and business acumen skills
LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer since 1996* and the fourth largest broker/dealer overall, serves as an enabling partner to more than 14,000 independent financial advisors and approximately 700 financial institutions. Since its formation decades ago, LPL has focused on one primary mission -- enabling independent financial advisors to bring objective and un-biased financial advice to millions of Americans.
Headquartered in Boston, San Diego, and Charlotte, and powered by more than 3,300 client-centric employees, LPL is financially strong and growing.
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.