Sr. Consultant, Search OptimizationApply Job ID: R-003240 Date posted: 06/07/2018 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
LPL Financial is looking for a talented, highly motivated individual who is passionate about search engine marketing to join our digital optimization team. In this role, you will lead our search engine optimization program from strategy to execution, including guiding our content team in developing and optimizing content that will aid in better search results. You will identify strategies and tactics for improving both the content and technical aspects of the site, as well, as how we connect our clients’ user journey from search to site in an effort to deliver a best-in-class digital experience.
As part of the digital optimization team, you will continually aid in identifying opportunities for improvement across our digital products / websites, leveraging analytics to guide your recommendations. This role will partner closely with our Corporate Communications, Public Relations, Marketing and Technology teams to inform and execute all aspects of our search marketing program, including consulting on how to improve KPIs within the channel.
The ideal candidate for this role is technically savvy, passionate about SEO - continually keeping up with the latest trends – and comfortable leveraging analytics to inform their thinking.
Search Strategy & Planning
- Lead LPL’s SEO strategy to improve our site visibility, increase organic traffic and manage our online reputation
- Conduct thorough keyword research to identify the focus keywords we should be optimizing our site and content for to reach our target audiences
- Conduct competitive and content analyses to identify SEO opportunities; identify content gaps and partner with our content team to guide the creation of new content to support SEO goals
- Provide site architecture, content, linking and other recommendations to improve our SEO positions for the target keywords
- Support the content creation teams across the business in drafting content that is optimized for search; review all web content for search optimization before it is published
- Aid the team in developing content against keywords throughout the search funnel (including long-term keywords)
- Partner with our digital experience team to optimize the customer journey from search to site (e.g. the pages search visitors land on) to improve KPIs
- Partner with our social team to identify opportunities to leverage our social channels in bolstering our search performance
- Work cross-functionality to incorporate search strategies into integrated campaigns
- Provide thought leadership and on-going education to raise the team’s search engine acumen
- Ensure all title tags, meta descriptions, heading tags, and image alt text fields are optimized with target keywords
- Conduct regular technical audits and fix technical errors on sites
- Partner with the technology organization to address more in-depth technical issues that will improve our search performance
- Develop and implement a white-hat back linking strategy that aligns with LPL’s brand
- Administer search engine programs (XML sitemaps, webmaster tools, etc.) for purposes of diagnostic reporting and auditing
Reporting & Analytics
- Identify KPIs and goals associated with our search program
- Monitor and report on SEO traffic and keyword performance
- Maintain monthly SEO report
- Leverage digital analytics to inform strategies and tactics
- Continually provide optimization recommendations based on analytics
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.