Sr. Developer - Trading TeamApply Job ID: R-008040 Date posted: 12/02/2019 Primary Location CA-San Diego
At LPL Financial we consider it our mission to take care of our advisors so they can take care of their client. Joining as a Senior Developer, Trading team, which is within the Technology business unit, you will be responsible for planning and directing projects to help design, build and maintain the sustainable, scalable capabilities that support delivery of the highest standards of software products, processes. This role will also include responsibility for leading special projects to drive more quality, scope, and scale in the offering and provide technical leadership to other team members.
- Design, develop, test, tune and implement n-tiered web-based applications
- Collaborate with other Development teams, Enterprise Architecture and Support teams to design, develop, test and maintain the various platforms and their integration with other systems.
- Assess opportunities for application and process improvements and prepare documentation outlining platform road map.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, optimize and enhance existing systems.
- Work collaboratively with QA, DevOPS teams to adopt CI/CD tool chain and develop automation
- Communicate with technical and non-technical groups on a regular basis as part of product/project support.
- Design and develop core services and components with expertise in service-oriented architecture.
- Design patterns and coding best practices
- Senior Developer with 5+ years of experience in designing and implementing complex systems, including developing solutions from scratch.
- Developer with 5+ years of experience designing web/service oriented applications using C# .NET or Java
- Excellent development experience with REST,SOAP based services
- Excellent understanding of SOA principles and design patterns
- Excellent understanding of system integration. Great track record of implementing the distributed systems with legacy and modern technical tools.
- Excellent knowledge in about pub/sub messaging technologies and patterns
- Excellent knowledge in caching and exception handling
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, both technical and non-technical.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Motivated and driven by achieving long-term business outcomes.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Capable of effectively planning, prioritizing and executing tasks utilizing resources and tools
- Experience working with Microsoft or Java Technologies like C# or Java.
- Experience working with exception handling, caching (Apache Ignite, Solr, Coherence or others) and Pub/sub (EMS, ActiveMQ or others)
- Experience working with source control tools like TFS, GIT etc.
- Experience working with Jira/TFS in a Agile team
- Experience working on client scripting tools like Angular JS, Type Script, jQuery, RxJs is a plus
- Experience in writing unit tests using any of these technologies VS Tests, Nunit, Junit, Munit, Jasmin/Karma
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.