Sr. DeveloperApply Job ID: R-006785 Date posted: 08/05/2019 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
LPL Financial is the nation’s largest independent brokerage firm with more than 14,000 independent financial advisors in more than 4,000 branch offices nationwide. LPL Financial has been ranked the number one broker dealer in its class consistently over the past 10 years. Financially strong and growing, its corporate offices are in Boston, San Diego, and Fort Mill.
We are looking to hire a Senior Developer in the Technology organization under the direction of the Application Development Manager for Home Office Solutions. This position will help solution business requirements and develop technology solutions to support product roadmaps and LPL’s vision. This position will involve collaboration with business partners, Architects, Quality Assurance, Release Management, and the Change Control board to plan, design, develop and implement solutions for these needs.
The candidate should be capable of designing and developing timely, high quality products, with state of the art user interfaces to best solution these needs, and have the drive to ensure that the vision and success criteria are met within budget and schedule constraints.
- Design, develop, test, tune and implement n-tiered web-based applications.
- Build, troubleshoot, optimize and improve existing and new web applications and systems.
- Assist management in technical assessment of risks and issues, and document recommendations.
- Support the production of technical documentation in accordance with SDLC guidelines.
- Communicate with technical and non-technical groups on a regular basis as part of product/project support.
- Develop solutions according to enterprise standards.
- Present solutions in code review meetings
- Design and develop core services and components with expertise in service-oriented architecture.
- Provide technical troubleshooting and advanced de-bug support.
- Evaluate new design proposals, investigate and recommend solutions and process improvements that deliver services with high scalability and performance.
- Assist with conceptual design and rough order of magnitude (ROM) level of effort estimations
- Ensure the necessary platform technical documentation is maintained in an appropriate manner.
- BS or advanced degree in Computer Science, IT or related field
- 2+ Years .NET
- 2+ Years HTML
- 2+ Years SQL server
- Familiarity with Agile and Waterfall software development
- Familiarity with source control, continuous integration, and continuous delivery
- Experience guiding, coaching, and developing with other engineers
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to facilitate, influence and manage change to deliver solutions
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.