Sr. Financial Planning ConsultantApply Job ID: R-006041 Date posted: 06/18/2019 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
LPL’s Financial Planning Group is looking for a highly motivated and qualified Sr. Financial Planning Consultant to proactively drive the adoption of financial planning through comprehensive consultations with LPL Advisors over the telephone and in-person.
This individual will be part of a planning consultant team within the Financial Planning Group responsible for providing timely, accurate and actionable guidance to LPL Financial Advisors on all areas of financial planning and planning practice support. Areas of focus include running a profitable planning practice, leveraging planning software, creating process efficiencies and assisting with technical financial planning questions.
- Consult with LPL Financial Advisors on all aspects of financial planning to increase the adoption of planning and provide practical guidance to existing planners to gain efficiencies and drive growth.
- Execute through a disciplined outreach strategy via a sales funnel approach with actionable next steps to increase financial planning awareness and adoption.
- Clearly articulate the value proposition of offering comprehensive financial planning and the pillars of support that LPL’s Financial Planning Group provides.
- Play a critical role in collaborating with and influencing key business partners across the wealth management organization.
- Assist advisors via phone in the design of financial planning solutions for their clients; help advisors illustrate specific cases concerning their clients within LPL Financial's WealthVision software platform; contribute to advisors satisfaction by providing them with timely and responsive services, assistance with implementation and work products.
- Provide Advisor onboarding support to our LPL Financial internal business partners; Being prepared and professional with Advisor engagements through the home office visit process; timely follow-up with advisor and internal business partners’ specific requests.
- Demonstrate an understanding of increasingly complex personal and business financial planning concepts and discuss complex personal and business financial planning issues with financial planning team and advisors. Keep informed of current financial planning developments and effectively apply knowledge to client situation
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, or related field
- 2 - 3 years of experience in personal financial counseling within a professional services and/or a financial planning environment
- 2 - 3 years in a related sales or consulting function
- Licenses/Certifications Required/Preferred: CFP required or currently pursuing. Securities licenses 7, 63, 65, 66 are strongly preferred
- Software/Systems Skills Preferred: Outlook, Excel, Word
- Must have strong knowledge of financial planning software. eMoney knowledge is a must
- Strong presentation skills
- Broad exposure to financial planning
Ability to effectively communicate with Advisors in person and via the phone, excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.