Advisor-LPL Investor Focused SolutionsApply Job ID: R-004920 Date posted: 11/13/2018 Primary Location CA-San Diego
The advisor of the LPL Investor Solutions Team will be part of a group of LPL corporate based advisors who manage certain LPL retail investment accounts. The advisor will help these clients examine their immediate and long-term investment needs, and design a solution to help them accomplish their financial goals. The ideal candidate will be success driven with a client service attitude, and the ability to deliver high touch, professional service. The position will have a base salary in addition to a bonus, and successfully achieving a pre-defined sales goals.
Delivering financial advice and conducting reviews with clients over the phone via inbound and outbound calling activities
Handling and executing client transaction and general customer service requests
Prepare client reports and proposals as required.
Actively participate in customer service/sales training to remain current with operational policies and procedures
Support other departments in their understanding of the program
Other Job Duties:
- Provide regular feedback to the Desk Management team on how to improve both the client experience and operational efficiencies
- Communicate operational and financial industry policies and procedures
- Identify new sales and asset retention opportunities
- Regularly exercise excellent business judgment;
- Research and resolve client issues
Minimum Education Required:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Must have excellent telephone service/relationship management skills.
Minimum Experience required (including years of experience)
- Minimum of 5 years’ direct client experience within the financial services industry
- Ideal candidate will have prior tele-sales experience.
- Must have excellent communication skills, and strong service ethic.
- Previous Experience as a financial advisor
- Prior LPL trading, financial related Service Call Center experience; or other service related job experience considered.
- Series 7, 63 and 65, or 66 License Required
- Insurance License Preferred
Software/Systems Skills Required/Preferred:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and web based applications.
- Experience using SalesForce
- Ability to assist customers in call center environment while accessing data via multiple PC lookup applications.
- Must have excellent PC and data input skills.
List any Physical Requirements for the position:
- Required to sit or stand at a workstation while on the telephone, for 80% of the working day as the primary responsibility is handling outbound and inbound calls.
- Headset and PC monitor are standard for all staff.
- Travel required: No
- Internally this position interacts with all associates up to the SVP level within the service and operational departments.
- Primary role is to interact with customers through telephone communications.
List any Soft Skills required for the position:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Positive, customer focused attitude and demeanor with a desire to provide outstanding service
- Problem solving skills and attributes
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment
- Able to learn complex financial information and terminology at a fast pace.
- Accurate with attention to detail.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.