Sr. Learning & Development ConsultantApply Job ID: R-004422 Date posted: 09/10/2018 Primary Location CA-San Diego
The Human Capital Advisor Learning and Development training role delivers live training, information, and consulting to our IAS, IS and AXA clients. This is accomplished via multiple delivery methods and executing content in an engaged, meaningful, and effective way that adds value to our clients and is resource and cost effective for LPL Financial. All training is designed and delivered emphasizing the why it is important and affect to office productivity in addition to the how to and best practices.
Essential Functions include contributing to retaining and growing Advisor Practices and Institutions by providing education on LPL Financial technology and back office processing in a way that resonates with clients and drives efficiency gains in their daily operations and back office management.
Requirements of the Job Include:
- Customer focused and motivated by helping others
- Continuous learning and self-education on relevant information and subject matter
- Required to become expert in LPL Financials technology offerings, operations and resources
- Build knowledge of competitors and 3rd party tools and be able to consult with clients effectively on those topics
- Client advocate for all initiatives using business acumen and client experience to help shape new tools, services & training resources
- Create and deliver impactful training. This includes content, presentations and delivery techniques
- Successfully conduct one-on-one client consulting over the phone and in-person, virtual webinar training for up to 200 + participants, hands-on in-person classroom training for 10-200+, and class assistant at select LPL/AXA events and conferences
- Maintain all reporting and metric requirements using SalesForce and other assigned procedures
- High business acumen
- Well versed in various Broker Dealer lines of business including wire house, regional, independent, RIA, institutions and retirement planning firms
- Excellent communicator with sales-ability
- Highly adaptable, can pivot quickly with the ability to work on multiple assignments simultaneously
- Strong facilitator and webinar host with outstanding presentation skills
- Proactive and takes initiative without being asked
- High problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Consistently incorporates innovation and continual process improvement
- Professional maturity and presence with the ability to self-manage
Highly Preferred Professional Requirements or Equivalent Business Expertise and Experience
Minimum Education BS with preferred focus in Finance, Business, or Communications
Minimum Experience 3-5 years in client facing Financial Services role
Series 7, 65 or 66 Licenses Preferred
Software/Systems Skills Required/Preferred and level of Expertise
Microsoft Suite Expert
LPL Advisor Technology Proficient within 6 months, expert within 1 year
3rd Party Advisor Technology Well-versed within 1 year
SalesForce Well-versed within 6 months
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.