Sr. .NET Developer (San Diego, CA)Apply Job ID: R-006997 Date posted: 09/11/2019 Primary Location CA-San Diego
This role will sit in our San Diego, CA location.
We are looking for a Sr. Developer who will be part of the Application Delivery Team within the Technology organization that is responsible for providing solutions for advisors and the home office, specifically for the Finance organization.
- Design, develop, test and implement technical solutions based on business requirements and strategic direction
- Provide technical leadership to teammates through technical design, code reviews and implementation of best practices, adhering to LPL’s SDLC and RM processes.
- Collaborate with other Development teams, Enterprise Architecture and Support teams to design, develop, test and maintain the various platforms and their integration with other systems.
- Assess opportunities for application and process improvements and prepare documentation outlining platform road map.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, optimize and enhance existing systems.
- Communicate with technical and non-technical groups on a regular basis as part of product/project support
• Full-stack developer with 5+ years of experience designing interactive web applications, developing web services (REST/SOAP) and integrating with vendor APIs.
• Expertise with MS SQL design, stored procedures, query optimization and ad hoc reporting.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of professional software development experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, both technical and non-technical
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to interface with customers to gather business needs and to present solutions
- Capable of effectively planning, prioritizing and executing tasks utilizing resources and tools
- Experience working with remote teams and contingent workers/SOW
- Experience using Agile & Waterfall methodologies
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.