Sr Network Security Engineer, Technology OpsApply Job ID: R-008877 Date posted: 03/03/2020 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
Firewall and Network Security Engineering and Management experience in a multiple active Data Center environment utilizing Palo Alto and Cisco Next Generation Firewalls. Individual must have a strong Security focus with a deep understanding of data traffic types and their associated communication parameters.
- 5+ years Engineering and administrating an enterprise level Palo Alto and/or FTD environment.
- 5+ years Networking experience.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of network devices (routers, switches, etc.), including such topics as HTTP headers, ISO layers, and TCP flags.
- Ability to generate and read packet captures for troubleshooting of data traffic flow.
- Experience in scripting languages such as Python, PERL, TCL, etc.
- Fundamental knowledge of encryption to include HTTPS decryption and re-encryption to examine data traffic content.
- Ability to reduce vulnerability footprint of Firewalls (Harden).
- Experience in engineering, implementing and troubleshooting IPsec tunnels on Palo Alto Firewalls
- Directly implemented or supported enterprise class firewalls.
- Experienced in Engineering, implementing and troubleshooting Panorama appliances
- Comfortable accessing and utilizing CLI functions of a Palo Alto Firewalls and Panorama management system.
- Firewall traffic and policy optimization
- Experience in managing and optimizing Logging of Firewall traffic and Rule Base activity.
- Experience with establishing authentication with Microsoft Active Directory for identification and control of users and associated policies.
- Enterprise level Network Routing protocols such as OSPF and BGP configuration.
- Accurate diagraming and documentation skills.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and ability to identify root causes of issues and provide solutions.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills, both oral and written, with the ability to articulate and educate others about complex technology with business acumen.
- Experience working within Federal or Public Regulatory Agency guidelines such as FINRA, PCI-DSS, NERC-CIP helpful.
- The individual in this position will be directly supporting the protection of the company and its external business relationships.
- Familiarity with industry standard automation tool
- Experience with Cisco ISE/NAC and the broader Cisco security portfolio
- Knowledge of Palo Alto auto-scaling deployments on AWS or Azure.
- Palo Alto Professional Security Certifications desirable such as PCNSE.
- Security and Network Certifications desirable such as CISSP, CEH, CCNP, CCNA, CCIE.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 4,200 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2019, based on total revenue.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.