Sr. Operations Specialist, Client and Government ReportingApply Job ID: R-013388 Date posted: 04/05/2021 Primary Location CA-San Diego
The Client and Government Reporting team comprises of cost basis and tax reporting functionalities. The tax reporting component ensures that all Internal Revenue Service (IRS) client tax reporting forms are issued and mailed in an accurate and timely manner. The cost basis component is responsible for the receipt, maintenance and delivery of tax lots used to calculate cost basis. The Sr. Operations Specialist essential functions will entail reviewing of Tax lot data received from various sources and updating across various internal systems. The position will require researching skills, data entry skills and quality control.
- Review accounts and perform reconciliation to ensure compliance with corporate and regulatory policies and procedures as well as reconcile suspense accounts and validate transactions.
- Answer inbound calls from the Service360 teams, General Service Center, and CCS Service Center.
- Research and perform related processing for service requests that are created by Service360 teams, General Service Center, and CCS Service Center
- Perform daily quality control, manage error rates, perform exception review processing and provide daily reporting metrics.
- Effectively communicate with advisors and other operational groups to resolve various account discrepancies. Must be comfortable relaying policy related information consistently in fast paced situations.
- Be proactive and remain cognizant of deadlines and regulatory requirements.
- Recognize issues, problems, or opportunities and determine whether action is required.
- Make connections & offers creative recommendations on how to solve business challenges.
- Assist with projects and audits – Assist CGR management with the completion of various firm and department audits and projects.
- Minimum Education: College degree or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years or industry experience (preferably financial services) in Operations, Compliance or Risk Management
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills. The ideal candidate MUST be capable of communicating in a clear and professional tone.
Soft Skills required for the position:
- Communication – Must communicate effectively and efficiently with advisors, clients and various levels of management. Must be able to communicate effectively and efficiently through various medians: email, instant message, phone, video conference, face to face.
- Multi-Tasking – Must be able to work in a fast paced deadline driven environment
- Organization – Must be able to prioritize responsibilities to ensure deadlines provided by regulators and firm are followed.
- Analytical – Must be able to identify and manage firm risk.
- Accuracy – Extremely accurate and detail oriented.
- Ability to learn multiple aspects of the Financial Services industry and understand how it all connects
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment with multiple priorities
- Ability to work with and communicate effectively to various levels throughout the organization.
- Personable and reliable self-starter who requires minimal management oversight for day-to-day work responsibilities
- Strong attention to detail with a pro-active approach to solving and preventing problems
- Ability to work under pressure/deadlines and manage multiple priorities, provide recaps and updates as necessary.
- Ability to interface effectively with various levels of employees
- Strong time management and organizational skills
Software/Systems Skills Required/Preferred:
- Microsoft Excel – Compiling data, formatting data and spreadsheets, and executing calculations/formulas.
- Microsoft Access – Comfortable with accessing and managing various databases.
- Microsoft Outlook – Sending/receiving emails and setting up/attending outlook meetings
- Microsoft Word
- BETA – Books and Records platform where we perform most of our duties
- All Microsoft applications, particularly, VISIO, WORD, ACCESS, PowerPoint and Excel (VBA)
- Webex – Virtual meeting software
- Skype for Business – instant messaging platform
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.