Sr. Operations SpecialistApply Job ID: R-006705 Date posted: 05/10/2019 Primary Location CA-San Diego
Senior Operations Specialist
- Process commissions and fees from both external and internal customers in a timely and accurate manner
- Enter check information into the Oracle system, coding and preparing statements, data entry of payments and filing
- Maintain databases by entering data, reconciling and generating reports if needed
- Process complex commissions processing for large offices and exceptions
- Involvement in various projects which includes testing, reporting and data analysis
- Periodic review of existing procedures and creating procedures for new processes
- Work closely with Accounting to ensure documents required for audit are received and properly accounted for
- Direct teams in meeting daily Service level of agreement (SLA) to the advisors
- Handle phone and electronic communication to the Service Team, other departments and sponsors
- Evaluate existing processes and develop initiatives towards process improvements
- Support audit requirements, adhere to controls to meet risk objective and establish new controls or modify existing controls to minimize risk
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities
- 2-3 years General Accounting or Financial Industry Experience
- Experience in Commissions Processing preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Proficient in Excel (Intermediate to Advanced)
- Strong PC Skills including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Powerpoint and Access
- Ability to meet strict deadlines with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent problem solving skills that affect daily operational matters
- Effective and proactive communicator with strong verbal and written communication skills especially when dealing with senior management, other business units and sponsors
- Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation for obtaining results
- Ability to manage multiple assignments
- Attention to detail, ability to analyze information and strong reporting skills
- Must be self-motivated and effectively cope with changing environments
- Knowledge in Oracle, Documentum and Beta preferred
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.