Sr Ops SpecialistApply Job ID: R-012387 Date posted: 01/07/2021 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
The Corporate Action team comprises of Corporate Action, Dividends, Money Market, Proxy, and Restricted Security functionalities. The position will be responsible for reconciling reports, process exceptions, facilitate requests from advisors, and supporting a service phone queue. Additionally, while performing basic financial and/or regulatory functions, will ensure compliance with all prescribed internal policies and regulatory practices. The ideal candidate has excellent data entry skills (both numeric and alpha) is accurate and timely and will be expected to review client accounts, answer questions from internal and external clients, escalate items to management, and follow up on pending items in a timely manner. Additionally, the ideal candidate will be a team player, possess excellent time management skills, and work well in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to multi-task with multiple operational processes and multiple data input platforms.
- Day-to-day operational functions of Corporate Action and obtain established controls and procedures
- Managing large amounts of inbound and outbound calls in a timely manner.
- Identifying customers’ needs, clarify information, research every issue, and providing solutions
- Analytical skills to review accounts and perform reconciliation to ensure compliance with corporate and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Reconcile reports, exceptions, and validation of transactions. Responsible for daily quality control, managing error rates, exception review processing, and daily reporting.
- Review voluntary offers and summarize terms and key information to communicate with advisors.
- Communicate with other STO departments as well as external contrabrokers to resolve issues, broker and ACAT fails, or submit claims.
- Research and escalate allocation issues to our domestic and foreign depositaries.
- Research restricted stock certificates with various 3rd parties including; Transfer Agents, Issuers, Legal Counsels, and others to determine requirements and eligibility for restriction removals and re-registrations.
- Partner with our Financial Professionals and external companies to facilitate Employee Stock Option Exercises.
- Thorough understanding of FINRA regulations, including but not limited to; filing requirements, sales volume limitations, and various trading policies for insiders.
- Answer inbound calls from the advisors and service teams. Research and process service requests that are created by our service teams.
- Effective communication with advisors and other operational groups to resolve various account discrepancies.
- Be proactive and remain cognizant of deadlines and regulatory requirements.
- Recognizes issues, problems, or opportunities and determines whether an action is required.
- 2+ years of industry experience (preferably financial services) in Operations, Compliance or Risk Management, preferably Corporate Actions
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities
- Ability to work with and communicate effectively to various levels throughout the organization.
- Ability to learn multiple aspects of the Financial Services industry and understand how it all connects
- Bachelor Degree Preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Software/Systems Skills Required/Preferred:
- All Microsoft applications, particularly, WORD, ACCESS, PowerPoint, and Excel (VBA)
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.