Sr Ops SpecialistApply Job ID: R-012633 Date posted: 02/17/2021 Primary Location CA-San Diego
Sr Operations Specialist, Advisory
The Sr Operations Specialist is responsible for account maintenance as it relates to Advisory billing and various fee adjustments, including terminations, cycle changes, IAR changes, with the use of various systems including Oracle, the Advisory Fee Billing Tool, BETA, Access databases, and other internal supporting applications. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, able to flourish and operate independently in a fast-paced setting under pressure, as well as possess the desire to improve processes.
- Monitoring accounts below program funding requirements and missing documents for termination
- Direct Bill maintenance and processing
- Fee adjustment processing – cycle changes, terminations, rep changes, conversions and billing corrections
- Correspondence with Portfolio Managers regarding account termination and liquidation orders
- Coordination with internal departments for processing of journals, distributions, account opening, trading, compliance and performance
- Assist with resolution of fee and termination inquiries and issues
- Run Quality Controls for billing and resolve discrepancies
- Processing – fee posting, manual batch tickets, custom billing processing and batching
- Reporting for billing and regulatory requests
- Resolving complex billing issues
- Assist Service and Specialized teams via POI phone queue
- Kick off monthly billing process
- Ability to problem solve and find solutions
- 0-2 years in the brokerage, accounting or financial services industry
- Working knowledge of Microsoft products specifically, Excel, Word and Access
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to perform under pressure to meet deadlines
- Strong customer service skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent preferred
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.