Sr Ops SpecialistApply Job ID: R-001556 Date posted: 11/09/2017 Primary Location CA-San Diego
Review and process various charge/credit requests from various internal and external partner including Financial Advisors, Institutions and Large Enterprises via the Oracle Commission system
- Leverage problem solving skills to execute day-to-day functions to support the end client
• Meet customer service level of agreement (SLAs) and deadlines in accordance with department policies and procedures
• Maintain databases by entering data, reconciling and generating reports if needed
• Process complex and exception requests for Service Team, other departments and external parties
• Assist team in achieving daily Service level of agreement (SLA) to advisors and other clients
• Able to manage various workflows on a daily basis including personal and team email boxes
• Support audit requirements, adhere to controls to meet risk objective and establish new controls or modify existing controls to minimize risk
• Evaluate existing processes and develop initiatives towards process improvements
• Periodic review of existing procedures and creating procedures for new processes
- Involvement in various projects which includes testing, reporting and data analysis
• Additional tasks to match changing business needs
• Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities
• 2-3 years General Accounting or Financial Industry Experience
• Experience in Commissions Processing and Billing preferred
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• Proficient in Excel (Intermediate to Advanced)
• Strong PC Skills including Microsoft Outlook and Word
• Knowledge in Oracle, Documentum, SharePoint, Seibel and Beta preferred
• Ability to meet strict deadlines with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Effective and proactive communicator with strong verbal and written communication skills especially when dealing with senior management, other business units and sponsors
• Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation for obtaining results
• Ability to manage multiple assignments
• Attention to detail, ability to analyze information and strong reporting skills
• Excellent problem solving skills that affect daily operational matters
• Thorough documentation skills and ability to document new processes
- Must be self-motivated and effectively cope with changing environments
LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer since 1996* and the fourth largest broker/dealer overall, serves as an enabling partner to more than 14,000 independent financial advisors and approximately 700 financial institutions. Since its formation decades ago, LPL has focused on one primary mission -- enabling independent financial advisors to bring objective and un-biased financial advice to millions of Americans.
Headquartered in Boston, San Diego, and Fort Mill, and powered by more than 3,300 client-centric employees, LPL is financially strong and growing.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.