Sr Platform Analyst / Business AnalystApply Job ID: R-010600 Date posted: 09/03/2020 Primary Location CA-San Diego
The Platform Analyst has an in depth knowledge of the Advisor, wealth management platforms and is responsible for establishing the product vision, roadmap partnering with the business teams. The individual effectively decomposes the capability into sprint level deliverable features helping the business realize the benefit and iterate. The platform analyst works within the agile team and coordinates with the Product owner to make decisions regarding priority, business value, and functionality delivered by the Agile development team.
- Business Process Management/Process Re-Engineering
- Business rules analysis
- Translate technical requirements into useful user stories for the team
- Clearly articulate acceptable criteria for each user story, own, groom, and prioritize backlog(s)
- Create Visio workflow diagrams to illustrate business process
- Work with business and product management to communicate the product roadmap, vision, and strategic value for these initiatives to the development team
- Engage with development team to articulate requirements, project plans, and drive timely execution towards launch
- Negotiate priority between consumer-facing features, requests, and technical needs
- Document and communicate release plan and notes to the stakeholders in a continuous delivery/deployment environment
- Pair with software engineers to triage issues and identify the root causes
- Test the acceptance criteria of features built by the team
- Prioritize and manage defects from multiple sources and drive the delivery within the product backlog.
- Active participant on the scrum team who helps groom the backlogs, documents fully formed epics/user stories with acceptance criteria.
- Helps prioritize, and sequences the product backlog/epic/user stories based on business value or ROI.
- Decides which user stories are scheduled into sprints.
- Provides rapid feedback and contributes to increased team velocity.
- Participates in project planning, daily stand-up meetings (scrums), reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos and other Scrum-related meetings.
- Helps the team deliver exceptional user experience.
- Application Support
- Reviews deliverable and demonstrable code after every sprint, and has the authority to accept or reject.
- Is aware of the risk and helps mitigate the impact.
- Assists with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
- Assists with prioritization and resolution of defects / bugs.
- Provides progress reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science, engineering, business, or related field
- 5+ years of relevant experience in roles such as Quality Analyst, Product Owner, or Business Systems Analyst in the Financial Services Industry
- Ability to state things simply and persuasively for a variety of audiences - internal, external, business and technical
- Must understand the business value of engineering decisions and how they affect the life cycle of the product
- Experience with agile software development (particularly SCRUM)
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills
- Possess strong analytical skills with excellent problem-solving abilities
- Visio workflows
- Jira, Confluence experience
- Proficiency in SQL and spreadsheets
- DBRMS a plus
- Flexible schedule to work with offshore teams
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.