Sr. Product Analyst, Product ManagementApply Job ID: R-004861 Date posted: 10/29/2018 Primary Location CA-San Diego
IIS Product Management, Sr. Analyst,Job Description
The Analyst role will be a member of the Investor and Investment Services (IIS) Product team focused on the supporting the development, maintenance and ongoing lifecycle of a portfolio of Investment platforms, technology tools and capabilities, and advisor-facing products. The role is a support function to the work LPL leads to build and implement new technology and business process solutions for advisors. This position will manage the logistics of the product development lifecycle, including writing formal business requirements, supporting Project Management work administratively and communicating across cross-functional teams within the organization.
Candidates for this role must have experience and knowledge in the financial services industry and project management lifecycle. The role will work collaboratively with many stakeholders – every product will have unique aspects and requires a candidate to be able to think analytically and anticipate needs. Collaboration with internal business and technology partners will be critical to ensure that these capabilities are delivered in a manner that delights our clients, maximizes our business objectives, and meets all regulatory requirements.
Analyst, Investor and Investment Solutions Job Description:
- Provide support to the Product Management team by authoring business requirement documents
- Provide administrative support for testing, experimentation and readiness efforts
- Provide data analytics and data oversight
- Provide project management support where appropriate
Testing & Readiness Coordination Duties:
- Coordinate tasks, meetings and people/resources as part of assisting in the implementation and administration of new product and service launches, including assisting in:
- Customer Tester selection & recruitment
- Scheduling meetings/calls and taking meeting notes
- Assist in creating and maintaining program metrics and reporting
- Assist in developing, improving and revising program processes for continual improvement.
- Assist in issue management, being able to suggest solutions
- Administrative tasks as they arise
Metrics & Measurement Duties:
- Assist in creating, updating and maintaining data within our CRM technology tool (Salesforce), MS SharePoint, SmartSheet and MS Excel
- Assist in creating, sending and analyzing surveys
- Assist in determining meaningful data metrics
- Assist in tracking, analyzing and creating performance and output reports during and in the follow-up after project completion
- Miscellaneous tasks that arise and are assigned - May be events oriented, or technology or client related
Knowledge, skills and abilities Specific minimum competencies required for job performance:
- Positive, flexible person with the ability to work in a changing environment, identify and manage priorities
- Strong team player with the ability to work effectively in a group and independently
- Must be able to take initiative and “make things happen” with timelines and deadlines
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, process and organization
- Strong sense of personal accountability for work
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to prepare presentations
Minimum qualifications Minimum level of education and experience required to perform the job:
- Associates Degree; 4-year degree in business, marketing or technology preferred or equivalent experience.
- Technology fluency including extensive knowledge of SharePoint, Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required;
- Product/Project Management Skills (informal or formal)
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.