Sr Product Manager, Research & Business AnalystApply Job ID: R-004401 Date posted: 09/20/2018 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
The Product Management team within LPL’s Investor & Investment Solutions (IIS) group is responsible for delivering a highly competitive set of investment solutions. This position within IIS Product Management focuses on the business management and procedural tasks supporting the LPL Research and Due Diligence areas. LPL Financial Research is a 50+ person team that provides market, investment, and portfolio advice to our independent advisors. Due to the LPL Financial scale and position, our Research team has direct access to the best active managers in the industry. We combine this access with proprietary quantitative and technical research strategies to proactively invest for our advisors and their clients. The focus of this role would be to support the LPL Financial Research and Diligence teams by running various business procedures including; point person on performance audits, updating LPL research fact sheets and manager pages, managing LPLs list of research subscription services and vendor invoicing, overseeing trade blotter logs and a variety of tasks focused on building business efficiency. This position is under the IIS Product Management unit focused on day to day Product Operations and executing the items prioritized by our Product Strategy division.
This role will be responsible for managing several day to day business functions that are required to synchronize and support the LPL Research, Diligence and Product Management teams efficiently.
The Candidate will possess the following competencies and attributes:
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills;
- Superior communications skills both oral and written;
- History of independent, high-performance work as well as being a strong contributor to a team;
- A demonstrated ability to establish priorities and meet goals;
- Articulate, confident, driven professional with the ability to work with like-minded professionals in a results-oriented, fast-paced and growing environment;
- Unimpeachable ethical standards and a strong work ethic;
- Desire to contribute to the success and growth of an organization;
- Five+ years in a project management, business management and/or product analysis role.
The Senior Analyst will have a variety of items to tackle:
- Ensuring the team remains in budget;
- Preparing and disseminating management reporting within the Research organization and to other key business partners;
- Managing our equipment and software allocations;
- Handling new employee onboarding;
- Assisting with the required documentation and information production for regulatory reporting, legal inquiries, and other matters;
- Facilitating audits;
- Being one of the primary interfaces with other business partners on business-oriented tasks;
- Assisting in the management of projects that are undertaken.
The ideal candidate will have superior analytical and communication skills, and an ability to develop strong interpersonal relationships both internally and externally. The successful candidate will have a history of high performance, great attention to detail, and the ability to take initiative and follow through on projects independently. This candidate may have an interest in pursuing a career as an investment analyst, but this role is designed to handle the business elements of an investment management and due diligence team.
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.