Sr Product ManagerApply Job ID: R-002505 Date posted: 03/19/2018 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
The Product Owner works within the agile process and is the final authority for decisions regarding priority, business value, and functionality for all the work done by the Agile development team. The Product Owner possesses an in depth knowledge of goals and desired objectives of the project.
Liaison & Communication
- Ably represents, interface with and engage the business user.
- Acts as a fully integrated team member.
- Uses clear goals to communicate the project vision at the beginning of every release and sprint so that the team understands and is equipped to realize it.
- Makes business decisions and clearly communicates requirements through epics and stories so they are understood.
- Communicates status outside the team.
- Creates, maintains, prioritizes, and sequences the product backlog based on business value or ROI.
- Creates user stories and acceptance tests from themes and features granular enough for a single sprint.
- Prioritizes user stories by business value.
- Decides which user stories are scheduled into sprints.
- Provides rapid feedback.
- Participates in project planning, daily stand-up meetings (scrums), reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos and other Scrum-related meetings.
- Reviews deliverable and demonstrable code after every sprint, and has the authority to accept or reject.
- Develops and maintains standards for testing and progress visibility.
- Provides progress reporting.
- Assists as needed with backlog maintenance.
- Assists with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
- Assists with prioritization and resolution of defects / bugs
- Is always accessible and participates proactively and constantly in the team activities.
- Steers the project to ensure delivery of business value.
- Is visible, vocal, and objective.
- 5-10 years Financial services experience
- A track record of innovative thinking and problem solving
- Product management experience
- Product management experience within and agile delivery framework
- Track record of delivering in Agile software development methodologies
- Passion for delivering the best client experience both internally and externally
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively with all levels of staff and management across multiple partner teams
- Exemplary collaboration, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Superior skill and ability in multi-tasking and appropriate prioritization
- Ability to effectively respond to dynamically changing work environment and to positively influence business outcomes
LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer since 1996* and the fourth largest broker/dealer overall, serves as an enabling partner to more than 14,000 independent financial advisors and approximately 700 financial institutions. Since its formation decades ago, LPL has focused on one primary mission -- enabling independent financial advisors to bring objective and un-biased financial advice to millions of Americans.
Headquartered in Boston, San Diego, and Fort Mill, and powered by more than 3,300 client-centric employees, LPL is financially strong and growing.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.