Sr. Sales TrainerApply Job ID: R-007017 Date posted: 07/16/2019 Primary Location CA-San Diego
LPL’s Business Development (BD) team is looking for a highly creative individual to spearhead our efforts in Sales training. Our Associate Learning & Development Consultant will work closely with LPL's Talent Development leadership to develop, implement, and facilitate sales training courses and offerings that build skills and capabilities that drive business results. This includes designing and delivering content and courses that specifically supports BDs recruiting team.
The ideal candidate will be able to design sales training courses, formulate teaching outlines and determine instructional methods such as individual training, instructor led group instruction, workshops, lectures, demonstrations meetings, simulations, and e-learning.
The job will require the candidate to:
- Select or develop teaching aids such as training handbooks, demonstration models, multimedia visual aids, computer tutorials, and reference works
- Partner with our leaders in Business Development to customize and deliver program content and systems based on needs assessments
- Facilitate, present, and execute on comprehensive project plans
- Develop, implement, and maintain training tools and materials
- Handle logistics (training schedule, classroom materials, etc.) for self and, as needed, colleagues in multiple locations
- Work with subject matter experts and business partners on course design
- Training content design and development
- Project execution
- Content delivery
- Measurement of results
- Bachelor's degree required, advanced degree a plus
- Prior experience with training functions is ideal: writing, editing, presenting, facilitating, planning, organizing all aspects of training and project management initiatives. Learning design experience a plus.
- 3 - 5 years of experience in instructional development, adult learning theory, and/or sales training
- Microsoft Office required, e-Learning software knowledge a plus
- Exceptional communication skills, energy ,and drive for results
- Exceptional oral communication and written presentation skills
- Ability to travel up to 50%
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.