Sr. Software QA Engineer, TradingApply Job ID: R-007680 Date posted: 09/17/2019 Primary Location CA-San Diego
As a Senior QA engineer, you will bring leadership and hands-on contributions to a talented team of testers and work to expand our mobile & desktop platforms. You will provide oversight and direction to the activities of the automation and manual software QA team. You will be responsible for the QA management of projects, supervision and coordination of software testing for all assigned releases. You will lead a team in designing automated and manual tests, executing test suites, analyzing run results and work with development teams to close defects as they arise. You will work as part of a Scrum team that brings together development, QA, Product and Project management. Additional knowledge of UML as well as unit and/or white box testing is also a key aspect of the position.
- Create and manage test plans and estimates based on project plan and testing scope
- Assign, monitor and track team tasks on a daily basis
- Review test artifacts created/ update by the team
- Generate metrics and systematically collect data
- Build test repository and document all test cases
- Document test progress and incident tracking
- Perform and oversee functional, automation & integration testing of trading applications
- Use database scripts to execute and validate trade data
- Proficiency in SQL and experience in SQL query writing
- Good understanding of Test Life Cycle and SDLC
- Good working knowledge of integration and white box testing
- BS Degree in Computer Science or related field or relevant equivalent experience
- 4+ years of QA experience or equivalent automation and manual testing experience including Web and Mobile Applications
- Hands on experience developing and executing automated test scripts
- Experience testing solutions that conform to service oriented architecture guidelines
- Financial, Quality Assurance and software certifications preferred
- Extensive Knowledge on Test Management Tools (JIRA, Quality Center)
- Solid development Skills including JAVA, .NET & OO Design
- Experience in component testing web and/or windows services.
- Demonstrated expertise interfacing with business leaders to determine business requirements and translate requirements into engineering and quality assurance specifications.
- Knowledge of Agile development methodology
- Expertise in test planning, documentation
- Defining and executing test cases
- Ability to independently develop automated test cases, test scripts and test metrics
- Database skills, ANSI, Oracle, MS SQL Server
- Problem solving and debugging skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Expertise in performance, load and stress testing for web and client server applications a plus
- Ability to create UML constructs (such as Class Diagrams, State Diagrams, or Object Diagrams)
- Trading domain business knowledge a plus
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.