Sr. Specialist, CompensationApply Job ID: R-009963 Date posted: 05/12/2020 Primary Location CA-San Diego
Senior Specialist, Client Compensation
The ideal candidate will have a proven success of self-starting in a dynamic fast-paced environment. The Senior Specialist, Client Compensation will lead task assignments related to facilitating the paying of advisor commissions and advisory fees. They will be well organized and capable of time management while handling multiple tasks. The Senior Specialist maintains operational procedures, assists with project testing, and develops new task efficiencies.
- Must have the ability to communicate complex issues both in writing and verbally to management and internal/external vendors and customers.
- Will function as a subject matter expert on operational policies and procedures with an emphasis on sponsor reimbursements
- Coordinate with internal partners to research and correct compensation payout issues
- Deposit and journal funds into Client Compensation GL accounts
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to obtain key job knowledge that will help meet the specific business needs. Research complex situations and define the actions necessary to resolve the situation
- Work with fund sponsors to maintain operational readiness, match incoming monies with sponsor statements
- May be asked to support other tasks in the department as business needs dictate, including but not limited to working in a Strike Team capacity
- Assist with project testing
- Re-engineer existing processes for improved experience and accuracy
- Process change management including updating and maintaining department procedures
- Ability to meet strict deadlines with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to analyze information and strong reporting skills
- Ability to handle escalated items timely and accurately, while creating a great experience for our customers
- 1+ years in the brokerage and financial services industry
- Strong knowledge with Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a keen attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Knowledge of Client Compensation processes preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Business related field preferred
- Strong customer service skills a plus
- FINRA licensing a plus
- Microsoft Office Suite required; Comreg, BETA, and Documentum preferred
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 4,200 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2019, based on total revenue.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.