Sr. System AnalystApply Job ID: R-007847 Date posted: 10/22/2019 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
Sr. System Analyst | Technology Operation Planning & Support
LPL Financial is seeking a Sr. System Analyst located in Fort Mill, SC reporting to the Technology Operation Planning & Support (TOPS) team. TOPS serves as technology escalation group for internal help desks and development teams. The Sr. System Analyst will support multiple brokerage applications as a member of this centralized application support team. Sr. System Analyst focus will be providing Tier 2/3 technology support that includes incident ticket management, production support release coordination, and system monitoring and issue analysis across entire LPL application platform.
Additional day-to-day responsibilities will include updating support artifacts, system problem triage, trend analysis, ticket tracking, application testing, change management and coordinating production installs. Sr. System Analyst will be instrumental in gathering data facts and providing solutions to our technology support partners; with proactive and timely communications. Provide support for incident management, problem management (root cause analysis), and defect management. Employ troubleshooting skills in support of incident management team and working closely with technology support groups. Propose and/or deliver analysis for production break-fixes, defects and work orders submitted by business and IT leaders
- Monitors systems operation; reviews daily reports including but not limited to tickets, error reports of web application and system issues; researches resolves and tracks reported issues.
- Proactively research and recommend enhancements to improve capacity, performance and reliability.
- Review code (.Net ASP, C++, PowerShell, TSQL) and reverse engineer to determine fault and performance enhancements.
- Must be able to adapt plans to meet service and/or operational challenges. Identifies and resolves technical, operational, risk management challenges
- Detect and solve technology delivery issues effectively
- Ensure contingency activities are covered related to system/application availability
- Ensure service level agreements are met daily.
- Review post-production issues, analyze, and suggest solutions
- Partner with service management team to ensure problem tickets have complete root cause analysis and preventative actions defined
- Field occasional escalations from upset customers
- Demonstrated ability to participate in all phases of application software development. Thorough understanding of the software development life cycle and willing to adapt to LPL’s SDLC (Software development Life Cycle) process
- Occasionally “drop everything” and work to resolve production fire drills and regulatory inquiries by doing ad-hoc queries and problem solving
- Possess verbal and written communication skills that both technical and non-technical end users can understand
- Demonstrated ability to create positive professional relationships across various technology groups.
- Bachelor's degree and/or 2+ years of experience in application support and or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- 4+ years support experience in Documentum Captiva version 6.5, 7.1 & 7.7
- Experience VB & .NET to develop Captiva process
- Knowledge in IPP, Capture Flow Designer and scripting knowledge
- Experience in Dispatcher Recognition & Scripting
- Knowledge in Captiva Advanced Recognition and Extraction
- Experience with server access tools such as Putty, Remote Desktop, Citrix and others
- Experience in troubleshooting user issues and communicating with customers and management.
- Windows 2008 and greater Server Architecture, Design & Maintenance
- ITIL Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management
- Proficient with scripting
- Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, Client/Server Connectivity, Database Consistency Checks Experience
- Knowledge of basic SQL query creation
- Knowledge of Web Server Tuning, IIS, Java, Tomcat, Apache.
- Experience in using tools like SQL Profiler, Windows Performance Monitoring utility and performance counters for monitoring
- Experience in problem management and incident management processes
- Understanding of Web Server tuning and optimization for IIS, Tomcat, Apache
- Knowledge of Angular (Plus)
- Financial services/brokerage firm experience (Plus)
- Technical help desk experience (Plus)
- Ability to interpret internal and external business challenges and implement best practices to improve products, processes, or services.
- Ability to influence others to adopt a new perspective and handle interpersonal issues with tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to interface with customers to understand their concerns and pain points and provide solutions.
- Capable of effectively organizing, prioritizing and executing tasks utilizing resources and tools
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.