Sr. Technical AnalystApply Job ID: R-008116 Date posted: 12/10/2019 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
The Senior Technical Analyst (BA), will be responsible for owning the overall requirements of assigned technical projects or product strategy, as well as recommending best practices for solutions based on client business needs. This role will require strategic design and mapping of business requirements and solutions to system/technical user stories. Ideally the analyst is engaged in best practice development initiatives, provides thoughtful leadership, and familiarity with proven cloud solutions that support vertical objectives.
Locations: San Diego and Fort Mill
The Growth Technology team has a unique opportunity for a seasoned analyst to join as a Technical Business Analyst. On the forefront of change, continuous software delivery, and emerging technologies – this person will be instrumental in ensuring the products we develop, deliver maximum business value. As a Technical Business Analyst, this person will report into the Platform Lead, and solely responsible for:
- Working effectively with technical and non-technical team members and customers
- Decomposing business requirements into detailed user stories
- Leading sprint grooming sessions with the dev team to ensure alignment on scope and requirements. Continuously grooming the backlog and ensuring all stories are ready for development.
- Documenting business process and system flows in order to facilitate requirement sessions, gather consensus and alignment.
- Interact with executive level sponsors with the ability to present on key concepts and solutions.
- Advocating for the best user experience by deeply understanding the business and their need
- Works effectively and individually with Technical and Non-Technical team members and customers
- Shares similar mentality as existing team members toward customer satisfaction, success, and progress over perfection
- Oversees, and has accountability for the successful completion of all aspects of assigned project work
- Is able to exercise independent judgment, and take the lead role on enterprise level project with minimal direction from a director or engagement manager
- Is able to effectively facilitate meetings, demonstrate brainstorming / consensus building skills, and interact with executive level project sponsors
- Can be called on to take a lead role in initiatives related to areas of expertise
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively prepare and maintain user stories
- Perform Business process analysis and develop design requirements
- Experience working with developers
- Experience with cloud solutions and mobile app development
- Develop epics, user stories in JIRA
- Possesses excellent oral and written communication skills\
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to learn quickly and think creatively
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and ability to take a leadership role when necessary
- Detail-oriented individual with the ability to quickly assimilate and apply new concepts, business models, and technologies.
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.