Staff AccountantApply Job ID: R-002234 Date posted: 02/12/2018 Primary Location CA-San Diego
Department- 1311 Controller’s Group
The Staff Accountant is a key position in the Controllership group and will report to a Manager of Revenue Accounting. The Staff Accountant will be responsible for maintaining the accounting records and providing accounting support and analysis for revenue and production expense transactions of LPL Investment Holdings and its subsidiaries. The Staff Accountant will assist in implementing process improvements to help the team streamline and enhance efficiencies, promote the analysis and communication of results and provide proactive customer service.
• Assist in the monthly closing process, including the preparation and review of journal entries, variance analysis, and other review activities
• Prepare balance sheet reconciliations
• Support financial statement consolidations for actual, plan and forecast information
• Support quarterly and year-end financial reporting and audit deliverables
• Identify and participate in the execution of key SOX Controls
• Manage processes and controls related to revenue accounting and production expenses
• Ad hoc requests as determined by management
• BA/BS degree in Accounting or related fields
• Minimum of 3-4 years relevant professional experience with strong desire to advance career in accounting field
• Strong attention to detail is essential
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and adapt to change
• Strong analytical, critical-thinking and problem-solving skills
• Basic understanding of internal controls
• Ability to effectively communicate and interact with all levels of management and work in a team-oriented environment
• Ability to collaborate effectively with business partners
• Solid computer skills including intermediate Excel functions
• Experience in public accounting and/or broker-dealers helpful, but not required
• Experience working with Oracle and Excel Spreadsheet Server a plus
• Experience working with auto-reconciliation tools, e.g. Trintech or Blackline, a plus
• CPA license a plus
LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer since 1996* and the fourth largest broker/dealer overall, serves as an enabling partner to more than 14,000 independent financial advisors and approximately 700 financial institutions. Since its formation decades ago, LPL has focused on one primary mission -- enabling independent financial advisors to bring objective and un-biased financial advice to millions of Americans.
Headquartered in Boston, San Diego, and Fort Mill, and powered by more than 3,300 client-centric employees, LPL is financially strong and growing.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.